Happy with your purchase?

Reaction score
Just curious. I'm considering getting the P4 drone but after reading posts about poor video quality and other issues, I wonder how many would buy the P4 again or would rather get the P3 pro or wait for the P5 to come out.
Thanks.

i love my p4, but im paying close attention to the yuneec typhoon H. if reviews in the wild are good i might pick one up as well. the idea of motor redundancies is pretty attractive.

I own a P3S, P34K, P3A, P3P, and P4. The P4 is by far my favorite due to the many new features. If all you're after is decent video, then the P3P would be sufficient. And, if you don't need 4K video, then get the P3A to save even a bit more.

Reactions: John Locke
Just curious. I'm considering getting the P4 drone but after reading posts about poor video quality and other issues, I wonder how many would buy the P4 again or would rather get the P3 pro or wait for the P5 to come out.
Thanks.

I love the technology of the phantom 4 as well as the complete ready to fly package.

Be mindful there is phantoms 4 that have issues, the most common I would say is horizon. This can't be fixed and needs to be replaced or repaired. So ensure you buy from a shop front that you can take it back, I would not buy direct from DJI, because with apple you have a 14 day no questions asked return policy.

Also the stated battery and range is not what the stated specifications are.

But you will enjoy it and the features it has are amazing.

If your not after the features of obstacle avoidance, and active track. Then the phantom 3 might save you a bit of money. However, in all honesty, the phantom 4 is way cooler.

Now DJI have released a new Phantom for the last 4 years. So there is no doubting that next year there will be a new one or a revision of the P4 and it will be better. However, if you keep waiting to buy then you will never own one.

So yes get it, be mindful you may need to take it back but as long as your prepared then you will love it!

If you are looking for still image quality, fast speed(sport mode), lot of fun automated new features, 120 fps 1080p with 47 degree FoV (kind of like a slight zoom, really good for filming sport or use with active track), sharper images,better colors, for all this the P4 is the best available. The only better thing about the p3 is a slightly longer range and signal penetration.

I think every drone will have its issues. It just can you live with them and will it crash or cause a flyaway of your drone.

Yuneec Typhoon H has pretty cool features. I think set up time will take longer over the P4. Plus the P4 may be a little easier to transport.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm all over the place with how I feel about it. I have two. If the first one was the only one I bought, I would say, 100% happy.

The second one is a MOFO and still might go back.

Now there are these battery issues.

Depends when you catch me.

Be mindful there is phantoms 4 that have issues, the most common I would say is horizon.

This may not be a fix, but did you know that if you hold the C2 button on the back of the RC and turn the photo wheel on the top right corner of the RC, this adjusts horizon? It's quicker than through the app. It may be a temporary way to cope with the issue.

P4 is the best available. The only better thing about the p3 is a slightly longer range and signal penetration.

The Inspire GL658A RC has got me smiling with the P4 to fix the range issue. Make sure you're using a custom channel with least wifi traffic, and set transmission quality to 4mbps. Use the 32ch hack and use the upper channels, always clear as a bell.

I'm mostly happy. I did active track around my garden Yesterday and I was effectively steering the P4 with my body, amazing Technology.

Sport mode is insane, the gimbal copes with just about anything, I get 20 minutes or so with the battery and I've been out to 1 km range, honestly I don't need anymore than that.

The only downside for me is the video quality on mine, it's OK but not a huge step up from the P3 standard. Given that I bought the P4 as the best flying camera I could afford, I am obviously a bit disappointed from that respect but, everything else is brilliant.

Thanks.

Have over 60 flights on my P4 with no range issues and flight times from 20 to 26 minutes. Most flights are done fully automatic with FPV Camera long distance. Outstanding video quality and no problems at all. By far my favorit quad in my collection.
Construction quality surpasses everything in this model range.
Phantastic features.

Great build, this is a solid bird with good assets. Most complaints you read should be corrected and or improved with advanced firmware. When I started looking to get a flying camera a couple of months ago, typhoon h had their big reveal (no bird) looked ok but soon after P4 comes out and tada! What a build, it is my opinion that this design is one if not the most solid of all the prosumer quads. No ringkitigny stuff on this machine. All gimbals are another story as far as fragility. I love my P4! I was considering a P3P for the lower price but the extra cost is worth every dollar.

I've been extremely happy with mine so far but I should say this is my first experience with any type of remote-controlled aircraft. I have read with a fair amount of concern, of the problems other more experienced operators have encountered. I suppose I could say my ignorance is bliss in that I have just begun to scratch the surface of the machine's capabilities and thus far not encountered any problems of my own -- not that I would necessarily know them at this point. I hope I continue to be as excited about flying it as I have been the past couple weeks. Now, if only the weather here in North Carolina would cooperate, I would be able to gain a little more flight time.

I can say that after two returns that Im happy with mine. Apple really went above and beyond to help me out with my last return. I tested it today and ti it Rock Solid, no horizon issue and seems to have good range.

Very happy with it. Sophisticated features, awesome camera and gimbal. Rock solid hold with GPS. And a hoot to hand-fly in Sport Mode. My face hurts from smiling so much!!

I'm also very happy with my P4. I live in the country with flat farm ground so distance there isn't a problem for me. I haven't been in a situation where interference is a problem so I can't comment on that. The places I like to go are usually not heavily populated areas.

Mark

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj