Hands on experience Phantom 3 - 4K plus Inside the hood Pictures

I can't see it, other wise it would have to have loads of different height restrictions for all over the world which seems to high tech. Some are still being told at this point by DJI they are not even set by GPS so its all a mystery at this point. I was upset enough see it had a 500 Mtr height restriction in the app, if it turned out to be only 120 Mtr I will be very upset. We find out later anyway cos there is a test being done for us by mohan.

Lol, why was you upset at the 500mtr height restriction Leekiya.

Hi Mohan,

Can share with me if the FPV is lagging or not ? and what about the night video is it as as good as the inspire 1 ?

Thanks

Lol, why was you upset at the 500mtr height restriction Leekiya.

LOL. The honest answer to that, is because i cant stand the thought of being told what i can and cant do. I decided from a early age i would be self employed for this reason. Would i ever fly 500 mtrs high, NO way and and never would, In fact i have probably never gone above 200ft if i am honest, but now im told i cant i want to cos im a big kid. LOL Joking aside i personally think height limits are a good idea before someone does something that ruins things for us all.

Reactions: TMSmalley
Hi Mohan,

Can share with me if the FPV is lagging or not ? and what about the night video is it as as good as the inspire 1 ?

Thanks

Guys - please don't panic. I am at work now but notice winds are 20mph and gusts 30 mph. So a bit nervous to fly high and far but will see when I get home around 6pm

The app appears to have a maximum height of 500m - you can set a lower limit.

No noticable lag - I haven't used a stopwatch but there is no more than 0.5second if that

Mohan

Mohan,
Thanks for answering our FAQs...
Just wondering.... do you have a Samsung Note 4 to test it on? The current P3 pamphlet says Note 3, and I don't have any apple devices.
I too would like to thank you.

Maximum flight distance 12200 feet in just about 5.30 mins

image.jpg

Ran out battery life due to head winds

image.jpg

Got it back by tracking it down

Maximum height I flew today

image.jpg

Screenshot at 9600 feet

image.jpg

And here is maximum height screen

image.jpg

Reactions: Lew40
Wow you almost lost it there on your one way flight. How did you track it down? Does the app have a last seen function you are able to use with details to a few meters?

Exactly the same?!?

No they are not the same.. P3 uses a composite hub. This will help with the new braking.

BTW you should never attempt long range runs like this without knowing the craft and flight times.

I would like to know your contact at dji, you can pm me .

Hi Mohan, Can you please share with us how long will battery last. Is it 24 min as advertised

I can not se mini map on your screenshots while you are flying

I decided to land it in a field I knew where I could retrieve it

This is one of the best phantoms I have flown - it is sort of an Inspire 1 in a phantom shell

Also, did you land it or drive to it while it was still up there and then bring it down?

No I landed it and wanted to conserve battery so I could track it

Also the smart battery does not allow for overcharging, so won't take any more charge than the battery allows. It is basically not a charger at all, but a power brick. It charges nothing. It only supplies the power, all the charging is taken care of and regulated by the battery itself not the charger.

Wow you almost lost it there on your one way flight. How did you track it down? Does the app have a last seen function you are able to use with details to a few meters?

I didn't lose it as such but had to land it in a field. That field is fairly big but thanks to the maps on the pilot end I knew where to walk to

No I landed it and wanted to conserve battery so I could track it
Did you use the autoland feature? Quite impressive that it has that kind of control at that distance. Probably never need it myself but at least now we know.

Does the angle of the horizon drift as badly as the Inspire I used a couple of weeks ago, my old P2v+ and my current H3-3D?

Hi Mohan, Can you please share with us how long will battery last. Is it 24 min as advertised

Mini maps will only work if you cached maps or have data connection. Once I started to realise I needed to know where craft was I turned data on and loaded maps

Well Battery life today was around 18 minutes but I think that is because I was fighting winds of 30 mph today

image.jpg

Mini maps will only work if you cached maps or have data connection. Once I started to realise I needed to know where craft was I turned data on and loaded maps

Well Battery life today was around 18 minutes but I think that is because I was fighting winds of 30 mph today

View attachment 17409

Thanks for taking the P3 out and answering our questions. So what was the max hight you ended up with as I cant seem to see it on your images? This all seems weird how the FCC and CE mode seem to perform the same. Good news

Thanks for taking the P3 out and answering our questions. So what was the max hight you ended up with as I cant seem to see it on your images? This all seems weird how the FCC and CE mode seem to perform the same. Good news

Not sure if it is not clear in the summary screen first screen shot with the map - 376.9 feet. That is the height I took it to and not the potential max height. One of the other screen shows max height 500m

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1