ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446837133.344223.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446837152.614470.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446837212.320293.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446837243.545066.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446837253.462409.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446837263.612401.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446837274.146819.jpg

Hope u guys find these usefull information
Gonna put up some vids of the motors spinning.
the new motors r more quiet ..
Enjoy

Reactions: SilverStone641
Thanks for sharing. The new ones sure look nice! I´d have to have a listen myself to know if I could tell, but I´thought the props make the noise. At least at a much higher level than the motors or to the point of overwhelm the motor´s noise. I´ve seen brushless motors like these running without props and found them all to be smooth and quiet (compared to ones running props of course).

I´m in no way doubting impressions or trying to dispute anything, but I´m really interested in seeing a technical measurement of noise between the two. Not that it matters much (to me anyway), my P3P has old motors and I´m not planning a change (unless of course I have to for some reason), it´s flying fine so far.

Could you also test the max velocity and perhaps accelerations between the new and old motor? I worry that quieter also means weaker motor.

For acceleration test you can just see which one reached a fixed distance first going full throttle.

DJI claims performance is the same. Until someone comes out with actual information otherwise, I'm just believing that.

+1

Well said, and quite logical too.

I'm willing to bet the new motors are weaker and cheaper. But the do look nicer. Lol.

Well me n my brother flew it today.. Very windy day at the docks. It seems to be the same power, thrust n turns n tilts are same. Will do more extensive test like speed and atti mode hovering.. Wanna see how much stable they are. But old motors were making more noise when fighting the wind. I feel safer wid the newer motors actually.

Also new motor (new model) has an option to enable higher quality stream 10mbps or lower 4mbps but distance range was quoted 3km for that and 0.7km for 10mbps

Whether you set 4mbs or 10mbs makes absolutely no difference to the quality of the stream, not on an Advanced with android anyway. Might be different on a Pro.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers