Hand catching and. Hand Launching

A little blood never hurt anyone :)

Reactions: Wibble
They're pretty handy when float equipped.

Left stick down and hold(the ascend/descend/yaw stick)

Beany & Cecil.jpg

This thread sparked my curiosity to look at youtube videos of people hand launching and catching. OMG. I can't believe the amount of blatant disregard people have for their own life and limb I am a pretty 'risky' fellow that does alot of 'high' risk/injury sports (dirtbiking, wakeboarding, snowboarding etc...), so I'm no grandma. These risks are things I have accepted for the benefit of enjoyment I receive from the sport.

But I can't believe how many people float the drone inches in front of their face for absolutely no gain.

Are you mad?! You do realize that the drone can get blown by the wind or even that it has a natural sway to it and sometimes doesn't stay perfectly still because of GPS variance. It's not IF a hiccup happens, its when. Why would you risk blinding yourself or serious scarring over something so unneeded.

KEEP THE BIRD ABOVE YOUR HEAD. Align the drone to you and land it from above you. I thought this is common sense?! Never have the blades within a foot of altitude to you. Accidents can happen when your 'staying safe', why introduce more variables and increase chances for no reason?

Being we used to play army or chicken as kids with 16 gauge shotgun low base hand loads, hand catching is really safe... Lol :)

Being we used to play army or chicken as kids with 16 gauge shotgun low base hand loads, hand catching is really safe... Lol :)
Mmm but l miss the days of juggling the ol 24" Husqvarna chain saw at Christmas for the kids LOL

Reactions: Reed L

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4