Hand catch my p4

Reaction score
Received my p4 today, and I love it. Bought a $20 a few weeks ago to learn the basics. I can recommend it if you don't have any quad experience :)

After updating, updating and updating i had finally time to fly. Had some inconsistent fw errors etc etc.

But tomorrow i want to hand catch my p4.

The 'old' way was to push both sticks down / inside. This method don't work anymore?
Should I do it this way?..
Hover, grab p4, pull left stick right bottom and pushing on rth button on the same time? And if this is the right way, will my p4 try to turn, because I push the left stick to the right bottom?

Just pull the left throttle stick right back, the Phantom will pause for a second, to see if it's descending, and as it's not (as you'll be holding it) it'll shut down the motors, no need for a CSC or messing about with RTH, just throttle back once you've got hold of it...

Thanks, so only pull the left stick down right. And leave the right stick in the middle.

Yes.

Also be upwind if there is any and have the drone (camera) facing away from you.

This prevents it being blown into you and keeps the controls from being reversed.

Reactions: Pursuer
I've had my P4 for a very short time (1 week, 20 flights, 2.5hr flight time) so am very very new as you can see.

The only issue or crash I had was on one landing (using the both sticks to bottom centre) on a slightly gusty/windy day where it landed but promptly flipped over destroying all the props :( doh!

I started using the method of L stick down only which has worked better but after hand catching it yesterday I can see it will be the way I will land on days it's windy, where the grass is tall or the landing area limited in some way.

Definitely wasn't as 'scary' or hard as I thought it might be!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair