Hairline Cracks

Apple are replacing mine. Old one dropped into the local store and new one en route. One of the guys in the store suggested I just take the one on the shelf, until I pointed out it was the Pro. I should have kept quiet, or gone in once they have the 4 in stock!

I got mine from Apple store exactly 2 months ago today. When I asked I was told the 14 days exchange is over, contact DJI.
I had to choose between a live root canal and dealing with DJI warranty...went for root canal.

There was a bit of back and forth between the store and online store (which is where I made the original purchase). DJI were mentioned but I commented that I was standing in the Apple Store and DJI are in China, so this was more convenient. They seemed happy with that. Mine was a month old.

Mine got this today. It's only a few weeks old and definitely no crash, so going back for repair or replacement. I bought it from Apple, so don't expect too much hassle.
I don't know if this is an authentic P3A. But here is a pic of my P3A that I bought last year in June as the P3 Series was just barely out. By comparing the motor shafts, I suspect DJI didn't necessarily keep up with the initial quality they had started with and promoted. So, I also assumed this applies to the shell and other components, and not to forget, for the same price.
IMG_2609.JPG

View attachment 45225 Is this crack something I should address immediately or just keep an eye on? 30+ flights, no issues or crashes. Majority of Phantom consumers agree sending their birds to DJI is a last resort, due to poor customer service. Anyone have any solid home remedies?

Thanks in advance,

Ty
A small file and epoxy resin would do pretty well. file into crack most of way with an angle of 45 degrees clean and apply epoxy. Would be similar to a partial penetration weld on plastic.I broke my landing gear a year ago and used this option.Tough as nails. GL

I don't think it's fair to say the guards don't do anything. They hide cracks very well. If you want to check for cracks, you get to exercise the screws multiple times, introducing unneeded stress on the plastic threads which over time, could cause cracks.
The guards I believe do a lot due to longer screws and backing for plastic mount under base. I have had a P3A for 1 year now and no cracks.just gotta be careful on over tightening screws.

I had great service when I had to send in my P3A.
They checked it in on Monday and had it shipped out Friday.
Surprisingly pretty painless after everything I've read.

For some reason they left all the old screws rattling around in the box so it did sound kinda funky. But she has flown great for the past couple weeks! Unfortunately today I found a small crack.
Hopefully the repair will go as smoothly as the first time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair