Hairline Cracks

Reaction score
image.jpeg
Is this crack something I should address immediately or just keep an eye on? 30+ flights, no issues or crashes. Majority of Phantom consumers agree sending their birds to DJI is a last resort, due to poor customer service. Anyone have any solid home remedies?

Thanks in advance,

Ty

View attachment 45225 Is this crack something I should address immediately or just keep an eye on? 30+ flights, no issues or crashes. Majority of Phantom consumers agree sending their birds to DJI is a last resort, due to poor customer service. Anyone have any solid home remedies?

Thanks in advance,

Ty
I kinda just wing it with stuff like that (no pun intended) and work with what I have in the house. I would just use some crazy glue and rub it into the crack. Get some other opinions though.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Get the shell replaced under warranty. It is only 1 of 2 items that has a full 1yr warranty the other being the main board. Everything else is 6 months.

PM the mods and see if they'll let you change your user name to "Dog Meat."

(j/k)

The "poor customer service" thing isn't really valid anymore. Last thread I saw, the guy got his craft back in nine days.

It's a judgement call, but you're probably wise to send it back because if you have a crack this early, you'll have more. A new shell would solve the problem permanently. It's February, and you can spare nine days.

u can get some uav bits and put them on the cracked shell.
that is what i did.

Don't the any of those guard plates really do anything. I'd just keep returning the P3 while under warranty. You'll get a shell that isn't defective most likely than not. Why add weight for a plate that I can't really see does anything?

It's a crack which will get bigger remember the vibration of the motors moving you don't want to fall apart while in flight my suggestion is get it repaired

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Thunderbombman
Don't the any of those guard plates really do anything. I'd just keep returning the P3 while under warranty. You'll get a shell that isn't defective most likely than not. Why add weight for a plate that I can't really see does anything?
Anything to back this opinion up with? I have had the uav bits on mine for better than 150 flights and no cracks yet. Mine is an early model P3 pro(May of 2015). I can't say for certainty that they are preventing cracks but I can say they sure don't seem to be hurting anything.

If you are worried about DJI's customer service just buy a shell and replace it yourself. Just make sure its the newer shell. There is a picture floating around here somewhere of the different shell variations. It took a couple hours but it was relatively easy.

Reactions: Joe0000
PM the mods and see if they'll let you change your user name to "Dog Meat."

(j/k)

The "poor customer service" thing isn't really valid anymore. Last thread I saw, the guy got his craft back in nine days.

It's a judgement call, but you're probably wise to send it back because if you have a crack this early, you'll have more. A new shell would solve the problem permanently. It's February, and you can spare nine days.
Yup, I had a total turn around of 11 days when I sent mine in. Send it in and make DJI accountable.

If you are worried about DJI's customer service just buy a shell and replace it yourself. Just make sure its the newer shell. There is a picture floating around here somewhere of the different shell variations. It took a couple hours but it was relatively easy.
I seriously would not do that, why void the warranty when he can simply chat with dji, upload a pic of the crack and wait for his RMA email and then the shipping label email? From the time he chats with DJI until the time he gets it back will probably be less than 2 weeks if he sends it in the same day he gets the shipping label email.

I seriously would not do that, why void the warranty when he can simply chat with dji, upload a pic of the crack and wait for his RMA email and then the shipping label email? From the time he chats with DJI until the time he gets it back will probably be less than 2 weeks if he sends it in the same day he gets the shipping label email.
If it's is still within warranty. Anything of real value was out of warranty on my P3P so I decided to do it myself.

Mine got this today. It's only a few weeks old and definitely no crash, so going back for repair or replacement. I bought it from Apple, so don't expect too much hassle.

Reactions: Daniel Voyer
Hi, drone less at moment but buying a standard or advanced soon. Will I receive a older model from stock or will receive a newer model shell at present time? How would I tell if I had a older model? Can I ask when buying for a phantom with the newer shells? Are they serial numbers for the older ones? Thanks for any information.

Good luck with that. My P3P (2 months old) has more cracks than a dropped egg and I was told to pound sand by DJI. See attached.

upload_2016-2-28_7-27-18.png

I don't think it's fair to say the guards don't do anything. They hide cracks very well. If you want to check for cracks, you get to exercise the screws multiple times, introducing unneeded stress on the plastic threads which over time, could cause cracks.

I don't think it's fair to say the guards don't do anything. They hide cracks very well. If you want to check for cracks, you get to exercise the screws multiple times, introducing unneeded stress on the plastic threads which over time, could cause cracks.
I really think they should help strengthen that area. I'm gonna try them out. If it even helps prolong the cracks from happening I think it's worth it. I really see no harm that could be done by them. Could only help IMO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers