Hairline cracks in new aircraft!!

Reaction score
Hi,
I have just bought a new P3P and am still only running my batteries in, just hovering in the back garden.
I have just noticed after just 15 flights down to 50% that i have a crack in one of my arms below the motor.
As you would expect i'm a bit unhappy about this, my question is:
Should i return it to the seller or contact DJI.
I'm in the UK.
Thks

Return it to the seller if they will take it back (the easiest route). If not, contact DJI support to get it fixed/replaced.

Reactions: jsposito
Thks
Do you know if the P4 suffers from the same problems? might just try to upgrade if it hasnt?

It's very rare to see a P4 with cracks like that.

A handful of people reporting an issue does not make it a common issue. Always remember that when you're surfing Phantom forums ;)

ok well i guess i'll contact DJI in the morning.
Thks Guys
Where did you get it? If you've purchased from an authorised dealer don't bother contacting DJI; take it back to the seller and demand a replacement. Don't take any fobbing-off or other nonsense from them, because under the Consumer Rights Act, it's their problem as your contract is with them, not DJI. Also, if they do refuse or tell you to speak to DJI and you used a credit card, you can demand they get involved too. Good luck and let us know how you get on....

Mine is currently with DJI for repairs with the same issue...hoping it's a free fix as it's 9 months old. I'm Northern-ireland based and the postage label they sent me returned it to Holland...took a week to get there via UPS. They are currently 'examining' it so fingers crossed lol.
From what I gather it's a common fault and some people are on their 3rd or 4th shell. When I get it back I'll probably buy the reinforcement plates online to see if that helps.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4