Had to use return to home today

Reaction score
Being new to my P3P a buddy flying got a white screen on the tablet, couldn't see anything. He dead sticked it and let it hover out of our sight. Punched return to home and it worked absolutely perfectly. I called my dealer and it took a few seconds walking me threw it to find out my buddy had accidently rolled the right side exposure knob and just over exposed the video or whited it out, nothing damaged or malfunctioned, just rookie pilot error. Man am I really glad I bought mine from a local dealer and tech support is just a call away, I am going to buy them all lunch.

If you lose FPV, you can still use the map to fly home. The arrow is the Phantom and the H is you. This builds confidence and helps with orienteering and awareness. There is also a line on the map that guides you back.
I use RTH as the very last option.

Reactions: Steve Moore
If you lose FPV, you can still use the map to fly home. The arrow is the Phantom and the H is you. This builds confidence and helps with orienteering and awareness. There is also a line on the map that guides you back.
I use RTH as the very last option.
The only thing we could see on the white screen was the orientation arrow in the bottom left corner. But I'll look into that thanks, this was my fourth flight so I did not freak out, I had programmed the return to home at 50 meters and that would be above the trees and obstacles where we were flying. Had 7-1/2 minutes battery remaining or about 3-or so till it would return on its own from that distance. Just did not want to mess around being a rookie. We were in a rough area with high thick grass and vegetation and no good place to set it down if the battery got too low. Just wanted folks to know if you screw up like we did, it worked perfectly.

Yep those are great technological features and they are fantastic!

RTH is a really important feature.
It's important to learn how it works and practice so that when you need to use it you will understand what it does.
Also practice cancelling RTH and resuming control.

Shame on me I did not know how to cancel RTH when it came into view, but it did work well and saved us from our stupidity.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers