Had to move from usual fly spot today

Reaction score
I had to move locations to the second school that joins the fields due to several sports games. I had to move 100 yards or so. Pv2 Vision Plus landed itself 3 times. I was having issues with the Phantom with broken signal a few times. Next thing you know its landing. I scanned google and I'm 2 miles from a small Helicopter base so I don't think that is the issue. My settings were on Phantom and its set to RTH if signal is lost. Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

I assume you have flown in that vicinity before without issues. Do you happen to know what % your battery was when it initiated auto land?
Was it the same battery all three times? It sounds to me like a battery issue. I had a similar experience with one battery but after I checked and cleaned the contacts it hasn't happen since. The strange thing was that the monitor showed 60% battery left. My friend has had the very same thing happen.
It is only a guess that is what caused your issues. Knowing what your battery voltage was at the times it auto landed could either confirm or eliminate that as a possibility. You should be able to find that info. in your flight log. Otherwise I don't have a clue what else to check other than the normal pre-flight checks. Compass, GPS, Good home point set, etc.

Batteries (3) were getting low but weren't critical. I haven't found out how to change all settings for P2 but the failsafe (that does work) is set to Rth.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Batteries (3) were getting low but weren't critical. I haven't found out how to change all settings for P2 but the failsafe (that does work) is set to Rth.

Check my reply to another member ref voltages:
Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This is a reply I just sent to another member regarding typical battery voltage during flight:

"I just checked a graph of a typical flight of mine regarding voltage during the flight.
At take off it was a nominal 11.95 VDC. At 3 min 11.5 VDC. During hard climb and lateral speed it dropped to 11.18 VDC. At 10 min 10.8 VDC. But under hard climb and lateral speed it dropped to 10.04 VDC. So it varies on hard you are flying. The final volts at the end of the flight (14 min mark), flying low and slow was 10.60 VDC. That is from my Flytrex data which is fairly accurate"

So during a hard climb it could possibly go into RTH. I have had that happen more than once which I preempted in order to return home under my control.

It might give you an idea on what to expect from a not brand new battery. Hope it helps.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr