Had the Standard for 4 days...returning it

Reaction score
First couple of days flew around the house because I'm new and afraid. It was really fun and easy to fly! Last night decided to see how far I can get. Went to open field and only got to 1000ft before signal lost and RTH. Extremely disappointed!

I got home and wondered if I should returned it for the advanced. Then I see videos of people going 3 miles out! I thought that maximum range for adv/pro was 1.2 miles at the best condition. I looked at DJI website and now it's 3.1 miles...when did that changed? Also the camera is now 2.7k instead of 1080p. For these reasons I am returning the Standard and ordered advanced directly from DJI website.

I hope I made the right decision.

I looked at DJI website and now it's 3.1 miles...when did that changed?
Good find. The old DJI specs page showed the max distance as 2000m (1.24 miles). You can see that here.

Lightbridge v2 has a range of 3.1 miles. It looks like DJI upgraded the P3A/P3P to the new Lightbridge system without announcing it. Or, perhaps I just missed that announcement.

Definitely. The P3A has many advantages over the P3S.

Good find. The old DJI specs page showed the max distance as 2000m (1.24 miles). You can see that here.

Lightbridge v2 has a range of 3.1 miles. It looks like DJI upgraded the P3A/P3P to the new Lightbridge system without announcing it. Or, perhaps I just missed that announcement.

However, it appears that LB2 has certain things that the P3A/P still don't have, such as the ability to broadcast to other devices. So it appears that the signal strength has been increased to LB2 specs but not other features.

Perhaps this is better brought up in a new thread.

So how would I know which version of lightbridge I would be getting? It's that a hardware or software upgrade? I just ordered from DJI directly, so I should be getting the LB2 version, right? What if someone else ordered from other places like Amazon. Would they get the old stock with old version?

How far do you really want to go? Do you need the 3.1 mile range? To me, you are risking it with battery life. There are plenty of mods you can do to the P3S to increase the range.......but that's hindsight considering you've already returned :/.

Reactions: Mrsweep
First couple of days flew around the house because I'm new and afraid. It was really fun and easy to fly! Last night decided to see how far I can get. Went to open field and only got to 1000ft before signal lost and RTH. Extremely disappointed!

I got home and wondered if I should returned it for the advanced. Then I see videos of people going 3 miles out! I thought that maximum range for adv/pro was 1.2 miles at the best condition. I looked at DJI website and now it's 3.1 miles...when did that changed? Also the camera is now 2.7k instead of 1080p. For these reasons I am returning the Standard and ordered advanced directly from DJI website.

Return it, its probably a bad unit. If you buy one from DJI direct you can't return it. Happy with my standard now, but I had to send in for repair, they sent me a replacement back.

How far do you really want to go? Do you need the 3.1 mile range? To me, you are risking it with battery life. There are plenty of mods you can do to the P3S to increase the range.......but that's hindsight considering you've already returned :/.

I don't think my unit is defective or anything, just that's the limit on the WiFi. To me 1000ft or so is not far enough. At least a mile would be good, especially when I see all the cool videos of long range flight.

I still have the P3S. Started the return process through amazon but still have until end of month to return it. It's all boxed up and ready be be shipped, but I'll hold on to it until my advance come in. I may or may not return it depending on how the advanced preforms.

Had my unmodded Standard out to 612m - just over 2000ft (CE area) before losing the live signal. Still had control but no feed. Even the specs state 500m in CE areas

Had my unmodded Standard out to 612m - just over 2000ft (CE area) before losing the live signal. Still had control but no feed. Even the specs state 500m in CE areas
That's not uncommon. Many people have flown beyond the distances listed in the specs. I think DJI posts a safe average so people aren't disappointed when they cannot reach the max.

Understand that, was just showing that more than 1000ft is usual
Stock Standard stock 6,670'.jpg DJI don't know what the range is.

Reactions: Scott Gibson

Do you know how to tell if you have LB2 or V1? I have a P3A & made it 18,000' today, still landed with 30% battery, luckily... i am wondering, was i lucky, or do i have LB2? I purchased my P3A at then end of October.

Hello sir,

I am just purchased phantom 3 from indian dealer. I just now opened the box and i am getting the range problem my phantom 3 standard just goes upto height of 25-30mts and travels a distance upto 30mtrs max. I changed the many places and tried to get the range. But the problem remains same all time, so what i should do now??

Hello sir,

I am just purchased phantom 3 from indian dealer. I just now opened the box and i am getting the range problem my phantom 3 standard just goes upto height of 25-30mts and travels a distance upto 30mtrs max. I changed the many places and tried to get the range. But the problem remains same all time, so what i should do now??
I got your (pm)

Clarification, Range?
Are you getting RT>Home?
What works and what doesn't work.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj