Had "Safe to Fly - Non GPS" with lots of satellites

Reaction score
Started off green then it went amber STF Non GPS but shows 16 satellites. Switched back and forth a couple of times but stayed amber for the most part half way into the flight. Brought it back home with no issues. I guess more voodoo going on.

May have 16 sats but you got to look at how strong and consistent signal is per se.

Never mind; that was a crazy question to ask. At the top of the display just left of the green safe to fly icon. Don't know what I was thinking about.[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Never mind; that was a crazy question to ask. At the top of the display just left of the green safe to fly icon. Don't know what I was thinking about.[emoji41]

No problem, brother. I also use app from my S5 just for GPS/Satellites separate from DJIGO

I've had the same problem lately. It always happens when I have plenty of satellites.

Last edited:
So many reports of this oddity it has to be related to a firmware issue. DJI Support told me to get away from interference and try again. I wasnt near anything of such. Basically fly over wooded areas out in the country side.

I installed an app (android) maybe (IOS) also. It gives information of gps satellites. Including russian.
It shows strength and other info.
Got it at google store. GPS Test - Android Apps on Google Play
Or search for "GPS TEST APP" Might be of some help.

So many reports of this oddity it has to be related to a firmware issue. DJI Support told me to get away from interference and try again. I wasnt near anything of such. Basically fly over wooded areas out in the country side.

I tend to agree. I have noted it in a couple of other threads in the last 10 days or so but it has not gotten any traction so far. I suspect this sudden increase in GPS issues is related to the recent FW/SW updates.

Before the last updates, there were GPS issues reported from time to time. Now it just feels like there are many more than normal.

Last edited:
I suspect this sudden increase in GPS issues is related to the recent FW/SW updates.
I'm on 1.4.10/2.4.2 and have the same issue, or at least I used to. A proper compass calibration fixed it for me.

I'm on 1.4.10/2.4.2 and have the same issue, or at least I used to. A proper compass calibration fixed it for me.
Clouds, buildings, trees, etc can weaken the signal. It takes longer to get a GPS lock. Maybe the compass calibration gave it enough time to lock.
I always do a compass calibration. Most of the time, I get a GPS lock shortly after.

I will start doing a compass calibration each time I fly away from anything metallic in nature and away from my cell phone. I will also keep my cell phone away from my aircraft until it captures the SATs.

Once you get a good calibration there is no need to do it each time you fly unless traveling more than say 100 miles (and after firmware upgrades, crashes, etc.).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31