Had my Vison 2 for over a week, scared to fly it

rapunzel4771 said:
I have set mine to a 10m max ceiling and 600m distance, keeps it in eye sight that way.

I wonder what happens, if it will loose TX signal and go for RTH. Trying to ascend up to 20 m and hitting the limit. Will it fly home at 10 m?

did an emergency return to home to make sure all was set up. From 10m it just goes up . then flicked switch back to gps, and control was back. was a bit of an eek moment but worked fine.

Phantone is just too much fun ;)

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Ah dont restrict it to 10m high, thats cruel ;)

Will let it go after i get used to flying and get my camera outfit. Had 3 hours flight so far and am getting the hang of things.

rapunzel4771 said:
did an emergency return to home to make sure all was set up. From 10m it just goes up . then flicked switch back to gps, and control was back. was a bit of an eek moment but worked fine.

Phantone is just too much fun ;)
Hi rapunzel4771, Congratulations.
I flyed successfully 4 batteries til now. Planning to fly as much as possible diring weekend.
Very impressed how it flyed softly and obeying !!!
Could you please explain me (as I am very new on all this and know almost nothing at all), what you mean with "did an emergency return to home to make sure all was set up. From 10m it just goes up . then flicked switch back to gps"
Can you please tell me how to do this process ?? Do you simply powered off transmitter ??

Thanks in advance : Juan

Jup, jsut switch of controller to test out Failsafe.
You can also set it up on s1/s2 via the Phantom Assistant which may be a better idea.

Interesting thread to read, from my perspective as a newbie too and yet to fly. Congrats to the OP and great comments from many of the other posters. :)

SeaNile said:
I absolutely obsessed about getting a Vision 2, my first ever copter/drone, etc. So I've had my Vision 2 for well over a week now and all I have done is put the propellors on. I read the manual, asked numerous questions on here and am suddenly intimadated to fly ths thing. I don't understand sone of the tech stuff, the different frequencies, linking to iPhone and even calibrating the compass. Add to this feeling a big article on CNN.com on the dangers and possible banning of drones.

Anyone else feel like this when they first purchased thier DJI? Mine is sitting at home ready to go but I haven't even put batteries into the controller yet...

Just to recenter on your post.
No rush, before flying, know what you're going to do.
Watch as many useful videos as you can until comfortable repeating what you saw.

Personally, I printed the manual to have it handy in the field.
I also wrote and printed a check list pre take off and post landing, that was very useful to follow for the first few flights. It's good to come back to it and modify it if necessary.
The informations provided by the other posters above are great and will definitely help you! (except the one who took off 15 mns after opening the box, I guess we will know soon about his flyaway problems... :) )

Go to an open, unpopulated area, take somebody with you (not being on your own may help.)
Everything's gonna be alright!

Have a nice time!

rapunzel4771 said:
Jup, jsut switch of controller to test out Failsafe.
You can also set it up on s1/s2 via the Phantom Assistant which may be a better idea.
Hi rapunzel4771,

Thanks a lot for your quick repply.

Not shute yet.... trying to understand all this as all this is new for me....

Ok, i let this aside for a while.... flyied about 15 batteries in the daddy a mom way...... only trying to pay attention on the Phantoms's behavior.... paying attention on satellites number... Sattelite number graphics ... DOP graphics... and so on.
Always letting Phantom very near (50 mts) but till 120 meters high....

Noticed that even with 6 satellites .... sometimes it stays hoovering in a more large circle....climbing it and receving data from more satellites ... it seems to keep a very litte oscilation....

Yesterday ... trying to advance in learning o all this ... i put the assistant to work to take a look on this.
It started to update P330CB firmware from 1.0.1.27 to 1.0.1.30 ... i let it to do.
I did not change any parameter on assistant. (at least beeng aware of)

Today flyed 4 batteries ... but all the time getting this message "Phantom connection Broken" .......
So ... for a newbe on all this .... not a very confortable experience.
Noticed that al least for several times.... i was receiving video from phantom in Iphone ... but not telemetry data.... not sattelites number... not battery info...

I do not know what exactly P330CB is /does ... not shure if this have something to do with "Phantom Connection Broken" ... that is happpening even with Phantom landed and transmitter at 3 feets.

The place that i had this extrange experience is the same as from the other 12 batteries that i flew with full success and with no any incident.

I am lost on all this... and afraid in having some accident with Phantom .... hurt someone.... and some on. (also, lost it...)

Any advice will be higly apreciated.... Thanks in advance ... and i need to confess : this is the most beautiful machine, tool, toy, entertainment device, hobby, technology equipment that i did not even dreamed to exist ... what to tell about to have one on my hands and have all the time the oprtunity to fly it ... at only 100 meters from my home !

Best regards : Juan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20