Had my P3 Standard 2 weeks now, Love it

Reaction score
Well after a lot of thinking and messing with other drones i finally picked up my P3 standard just under 2 weeks ago, absolutely love it and so glad i went for it rather than cheaper alternatives. Funny thing is i set out to get my first drone around 2 months ago and got a local model shop to order a Syma X8c ( £100) but after around 3 weeks it still hadn't arrived and i was told they wouldn't be able to get them instock any time soon. By this time i had already started looking online at phantoms etc i did really like the look of the P3 standard but thought it was a little expensive for my first drone. i went to my local DJI dealer who still sold the P1 so i decided this would be a good starting point, i ended up going through 2 which both had different problems and on on the second time returning i managed to bag a great deal on a P3 Standard. So it has really worked out very well as i had the P1 to get to grips with first then moved onto the P3 Standard, the footage is amazing and battery life much better, the Advanced and Pro were just to expensive as i had already upped my budget a fair bit to get the P3 Standard. Anyway just think its funny how things work out and wonder how many others start off thinking about a budget drone and end up spending WAY more !

Well after a lot of thinking and messing with other drones i finally picked up my P3 standard just under 2 weeks ago, absolutely love it and so glad i went for it rather than cheaper alternatives. Funny thing is i set out to get my first drone around 2 months ago and got a local model shop to order a Syma X8c ( £100) but after around 3 weeks it still hadn't arrived and i was told they wouldn't be able to get them instock any time soon. By this time i had already started looking online at phantoms etc i did really like the look of the P3 standard but thought it was a little expensive for my first drone. i went to my local DJI dealer who still sold the P1 so i decided this would be a good starting point, i ended up going through 2 which both had different problems and on on the second time returning i managed to bag a great deal on a P3 Standard. So it has really worked out very well as i had the P1 to get to grips with first then moved onto the P3 Standard, the footage is amazing and battery life much better, the Advanced and Pro were just to expensive as i had already upped my budget a fair bit to get the P3 Standard. Anyway just think its funny how things work out and wonder how many others start off thinking about a budget drone and end up spending WAY more !
Congratulations! Looking forward to some videos!

I did!! Just like you went a little over with the p3s.. But I have to admit is fun seeing the bird up in the air. And is worth every penny. Like you I only had it for about 3 weeks now and just trying to fly responsible and get the best out of it. Be safe

I bought my P3 Standard on 10/2/2015 for $528 + tax, after a little more than 2 weeks I have grown to love mine also.

I started out with a Syma X5C-1 and wanted a quad with GPS, so I bought an XK Detect X380 for $299.99 and no camera. On the second flight it flipped upside down and did a power dive into the ground. I shipped it back to the California Bang-Good location and it was replaced. I flew the new one for a week or so and it flipped out and hit my boat. No real damage, but I was afraid of it. Then a few days later the flight control board died. It is now on it's way back to Bang-good for a refund (I hope).

Next, I bought a CX-20 ($299.99) and was unable to calibrate it the first day (also the plastic seamed brittle) so I returned it the next day. The manager at Micro Center was very helpful on the return and knocked $100 off the open box P3S so I was able to get it for a heck of a deal.

Would I rather have the P3A or P3S, sure. But budget would never allow such a purchase. I have added a skin to it and think it looks good. I also have a second battery, and if there is ever a sale on batteries I will get a third. I am really looking for a case for it, one that I can leave the props on it for a quick flight and getaway in case I decide to take a few pictures without being questioned. It seams heads turn as soon as you get it out of the box and once in the air all eyes are on it.

Tele

Attachments

• IMG-1445044795252-V.jpg
    IMG-1445044795252-V.jpg
    810.7 KB · Views: 456
Congrats! I've had mine for a week, flown three times so far. Been super windy this week and didn't like the way it handled in the wind, really drifted around.. So landed that before an accident happened.

yeah the weathers not been great here either, mines has been in its case for a week now !

Hi, I'm with you. Had my P3s for a few weeks and really enjoying it. I can't stop learning from others to get the most out if it. So far the best tip I've had is to understand switching from P-GPS Mode to P-ATTI Mode. while in flight. The other day I was flying and had a GPS problem. Immediately switched to ATTI Mode to regain control. That may have saved me. As far as a case goes I just purchased off Amazon a Koozam Compact Case. It seems very sturdy and my P3s fits perfectly with the props on, as well as a ton of room for lots of extra batteries and accessories. A bit pricey at $189, but that's part of this hobby. Enjoy!!!

Reactions: Mark_DeKruyter
Got mine last week after learning the ropes with fc40 and p2 - really impressed with the app too. Any idea how to attach the clear plastic camera bracket for transporting? Mine had come off in the box

Got mine last week after learning the ropes with fc40 and p2 - really impressed with the app too. Any idea how to attach the clear plastic camera bracket for transporting? Mine had come off in the box

Look at the shape of that plastic retainer. It slides along the sides of the camera. You'll see a notch on the top of that plastic piece and a lip on the gimbal that it'll slide into. It's snug!

4th flight today. Absolute wow. Man this thing flies great! Quite windy today, gps lock works great at keeping its position. I'm loving it!

Brought it up to 100m high today and got a weak Rc signal. I think beginner was enabled still and assuming I enabled a max height. Would either limitations give a weak Rc signal error? I do live in the burbs, flying straight up above me.. More or less. Antenna facing straight out.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I hate the gimbal lock, bought myself a little aftermarket one off e-bay, works much better.

I agree, the Koozam Compact Case is perfect. The bird fits with props on and plenty of room for extra batteries and accessories. The RC fits nice as well with the windsurfer and aftermarket Mini IPad holder attached.

Brought it up to 100m high today and got a weak Rc signal. I think beginner was enabled still and assuming I enabled a max height. Would either limitations give a weak Rc signal error? I do live in the burbs, flying straight up above me.. More or less. Antenna facing straight out.
It's not uncommon to get a weak signal error when you are flying high altitude directly above yourself. Try flying out away from your position and make sure your Rc antenna is vertical and you should see the signal improve.

Reactions: Jezzy
Well.. Loved it so much that I turned and sold it for more than what I paid for it.. Once winter ends I'll get a professional or a dji phantom 4 ? Who knows what's around the corner !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav