Had my first scare.

Reaction score
Sunday morning I decided to take Sophie up and fly her to my house to shoot the roof. The first time she did ok and flew back no problem. I decided to try it again but this time I wanted to fly down to the back deck and shoot a couple of pics. I got to just above my roof when it said signal loss and the screen froze. I pressed the return home button maybe a million times but I think with the signal loss she decided to return home by herself.The screen came back on when she got halfway back to me. There are nothing but low trees between my house and the takeoff point at the park. Perfect for distance experiments. I think it's time to invest in some antenna boosters.

I am confused... where were you standing? If you are on the ground in your yard and the quad is out of sight, I assume the house is blocking the signal. Boosters won't help that problem.

Reactions: TrevorTron
Sunday morning I decided to take Sophie up and fly her to my house to shoot the roof. The first time she did ok and flew back no problem. I decided to try it again but this time I wanted to fly down to the back deck and shoot a couple of pics. I got to just above my roof when it said signal loss and the screen froze. I pressed the return home button maybe a million times but I think with the signal loss she decided to return home by herself.The screen came back on when she got halfway back to me. There are nothing but low trees between my house and the takeoff point at the park. Perfect for distance experiments. I think it's time to invest in some antenna boosters.

When you say you pressed the RTH button, did you press and hold it until it engaged? It beeps when engaged. I have found that even when my video signal is lost, the drone can still 'hear' me.

I'm in the middle of a big field and my house is about 2000' away. I'm thinking I reached my range limit on the remote. I see alot of people getting about 2000' range. I didn't know you had to hold down the return home button. I have my drone set to return home when the signal gets lost which is what must have happened.

I'm in the middle of a big field and my house is about 2000' away. I'm thinking I reached my range limit on the remote. I see alot of people getting about 2000' range. I didn't know you had to hold down the return home button. I have my drone set to return home when the signal gets lost which is what must have happened.
I would highly recommend you become familiar with all the features of your Phantom with some short flights before you send it off almost a half mile. Understanding how RTH and the failsafe features work like the back of your hand will greatly reduce the chance of you losing Sophie.

Reactions: TrevorTron
I've been flying her around the park for awhile now. I'm rather familiar with the settings I just forgot about the signal loss return home failsafe feature. Like most people out there I'm getting about 2000' range which I had to confirm myself. Once I get the windsurfer I will find somewhere else where I can test the distance. I will be happy with a mile.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20