Had my first hawk encounter...

Reaction score
I had paused because I lost visibility for a second in the sun so I didn't notice until I went through the footage. I was already on my way back because of planes entering the area so I'm sure the hawk felt very accomplished it shooed the white devil away from its territory.

I think I got lucky.
upload_2016-4-18_12-15-8.png

Reactions: TWP723
A while back I was out practicing, and had a hawk head towards my bird and was about to challenge me. Well I brought it down as fast as I could and moved on. So far have not had that happen with humans, but I will give the hawk the airspace that he claimed.

I had some crows try to attack my bird, pretty scary, came straight to the ground a moved somewhere else, pretty gutsy birds for sure and where there are Crows there are Eagles even more dangerous.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Over the past weekend near Sumter National Forest in South Carolina, I too had encounters with a pack of 3 crows who didn't like my drone at all, they kept diving towards it if I went above the tree tops, I decided I didn't want to find out who was going to lose and stopped flying.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just come up under them and trim off their tail feathers and watch them spiral in like a Zero.

One thing that most birds can't compete with is the vertical climb rate of the Phantom. I've had 2 instances where birds (magpies and crows) have attacked and I just give her full stick up and then got out of their space. Going down towards the ground continues to give them the upper hand to attack.

One thing that most birds can't compete with is the vertical climb rate of the Phantom. I've had 2 instances where birds (magpies and crows) have attacked and I just give her full stick up and then got out of their space. Going down towards the ground continues to give them the upper hand to attack.
Very true. They have to move horizontally and up.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl