Had My First Epic Crash Today

Reaction score
I have a Phantom Original and a GoPro Hero 4. While taking it for a spin in my backyard I clipped a mountain I was trying to get close passes by. Thankfully (and after a good 20 minute climb), it was perfectly safe!

Enjoy!
http://youtu.be/eG8xpzCWSwg

Alexander

Welcome to the club, i had mine on new years eve, not a big crash by any means but still scary. im over it now and can't wait to get back out and fly again.

Hope yours isn't to badly damaged.

That video was pretty shaky and there seemed to be some unusual rattling sound. Perhaps you have something out of balance.
Good thing you had the GoPro in its housing. Also lucky the bush softened the crash and kept it from tumbling down the mountain.

I dread crashing but it's inevitable. We all get just a touch cockier as we get more flight time and want to do more. Then there's the oops, why did I do that. It's all about learning.
Glad your Phantom is ok.
BTW, I wish I had a backyard like yours. Arizona? I live in the San Francisco bay area and flying areas are few and far between.

Enjoy!! Looks like you're having fun!!

Yep, I was flying it around like a fighter-jet right around that mountain. This is in Albuquerque, NM. Thankfully the only damage was to the lens on the GoPro housing. Ordered a lens replacement kit last night. My friend has a Vision 2 Plus and I can see where streaming video comes in handy...

My setup is just the Phantom Original with the Gopro strapped to the bottom. No gimbal or anything.

Nice video and instructive story. Happy it ended relativeliy well.[emoji106]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31