Hacking wifi - extender

Reaction score
Found a discution and would like to elaborate here:

Anyone logged into the P2V range extender via a browser:http://192.168.1.2 (root password is "19881209") ? What was the optimal setup you have managed to configure? If you go to Network > Wifi, you can change channel, Tx power and a bunch of other settings...
-
By the way, the DJI range extender uses OpenWrt barrier breaker Luci software.
-
Lol. Info is free, make good use of it. But be careful, you can brick the range extender messing around the values..
-
Christian Fabian My optimal settings are channel 11, Country to BO (needed to change Tx Power to 27dBm 501mW). Fragmentation Threshold = 750 and RTS/CTS = 500.
-
Thats a great idea
-
were do you input these values? i managed to logg into the extender...but where are these values?

this is all the discution on a group on facebook...there is nothing else to read...that is why i am asking here for nore info.

Hmm, I was able to get in to extender menu also but like you said, unable to find area where the changes could be made...
Very cool anyways....

If you go to Network > Wifi, you can change channel, Tx power and a bunch of other settings...

read carefully what i have posted...
go to advanced...and you will find what this guy is talking about

Go to Network, WiFi and there click on whatever you would like to edit....

Attachments

• extender01-web.jpg
    extender01-web.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 2,137
  • extender02-web.jpg
    extender02-web.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 2,049
  • extender03-web.jpg
    extender03-web.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 2,047
I would not change any, not enough of wifi expert to play around with it.
Maybe someone here will advise....

Great that these settings can be accessed...Now, if someone could hack into and write customizable MB and NAZA revisions, with the features we want as opposed to what they want us to have, that would be truly awesome.

The Rookie

hi all:

i use my laptop connected to the wifi extender but when i use IE or chrome try to login, the web page just show error 404.
but it is ok when i use my phone and use ssh app to connect.
anyone can help?

thanks a lot

I suspect changing the TX power will increase your range significantly, but, will also drain your battery on your extender significantly with it... May be worth testing the results!

-Former WiFI/802.11 engineer with a U.S patent..

well if you have only one battery or max 2 for the drone...the i think if you drain more power from the extender wount be a problem then...or you can buy a power pack to connect it...but it's important to have fpv at 500metter high...no? i can reach 500 metters altitude...but it strugles to have image.

bogdanditu said:
well if you have only one battery or max 2 for the drone...the i think if you drain more power from the extender wount be a problem then...or you can buy a power pack to connect it...but it's important to have fpv at 500metter high...no? i can reach 500 metters altitude...but it strugles to have image.

Not sure I understand this.. The battery I'm talking about would be draining in the extender, not in the drone.. An external battery pack is an option, but, I think it's probably easier at that point to upgrade the actual antenna instead of attempting to boost the transmit power..

i was saying that if you have only one or 2 flights per sesion the wifi extender battery should keep you for the 2 flights...afther you drain the drone battery its no problem if the battery of the extender is olso drained...i don't like impovizations...i like to keep it as stock as posible.

RCRookie said:
Great that these settings can be accessed...Now, if someone could hack into and write customizable MB and NAZA revisions, with the features we want as opposed to what they want us to have, that would be truly awesome.

The Rookie

This is very interesting information to have here and i agree. I think if i hand this off to some people, might be able to intercept the wifi "talk" and see just what need to be changed to make things work for us. Everything that controls the camera and future waypoint interactions will be through this device. I am also curious if there is a way to debug the Vision app and see how it talks to the Phantom. If some one has all ready hacked the wifi, im sure there is a way to hack the app. I mean people jailbreak Iphones and Root Androids all the time. Who is to say we cant have a phantom doing back flips and taking pics with out user interaction haha!

In my extender TX menu the power is set by default to the max available 501mW from the pull down options so I am not sure if it is possible to increase it further...

hack the wifi/app to make the phantom do flips? i don't think that will be posible...in order for the phantom to do flips you will need to hack the controler...and maybe make the posibilite to record macros, record a good flip then play the macro when ever you will want to make a flip...if you want to have more acces to the app use UAVZero (i think that is what is called)...DJI is more like an Apple Iphone...if you want to do more to your stuff like android...DJI is not the answear.

You can chose the max TX throug a down arrow? are you shure you are in advanced? have you seen the screenshots? are we talking about the Phantom Vision repeater not the Phantom Vision + extender?

I would not like my P2V do flips..... :)

P2V camera and WiFi repeater/extender max power available to choose is 501 mW, 27 dBm...
And that is how it was set as default when I got in to the menu first time.
I wonder what are the max values available on P2V+ extender and camera site wifi power settings?

you are in general setup
please enter advanced setup...
i know it look like unavailable...but click it...advanced and you shall see what we are talking about.

bogdanditu said:
you are in general setup
please enter advanced setup...
I know it look like unavailable...but click it...advanced and you shall see what we are talking about.
Click it where? No "advanced" anywhere.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20