H4-3D Tilt off by 27 degrees and correcting roll on yaw rotation of quadcopter

Reaction score
Was flying my P2 today and noticed my FPV image seemed tilted slightly (horizon not level). I checked it on the ground and noticed that not only does the camera roll when the quad is rotated about its z axis (yaw) but the tilt controls are shifted by 27 degrees (checked in software, camera was tilted "forward" on startup instead of 45 degrees and both stops what should have been vertical and horizontal were shifted forward, and both were corrected by a 27 degree shift back to horizontal/vertical). I have hard reset the gimbal twice, reuploaded firmware, calibrated my IMU (both basic and advanced), and am at a loss for what may be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was flying my P2 today and noticed my FPV image seemed tilted slightly (horizon not level). I checked it on the ground and noticed that not only does the camera roll when the quad is rotated about its z axis (yaw) but the tilt controls are shifted by 27 degrees (checked in software, camera was tilted "forward" on startup instead of 45 degrees and both stops what should have been vertical and horizontal were shifted forward, and both were corrected by a 27 degree shift back to horizontal/vertical). I have hard reset the gimbal twice, reuploaded firmware, calibrated my IMU (both basic and advanced), and am at a loss for what may be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connect the P2 to its software and go into the gimbal configuration and and check the settings. Tilt control should be set to 50 and both horizontal/vertical are set to 0 then uncheck the FPV box if it is checked. If this a used P2 it may have hit the ground and bent the vertical shaft or even mounting
frame

Then calibrate X1 in both the RC & P2 software. When calibrating the IMU it is only necessary to do the advanced cal and that should be done on a level surface. A good setting for the IMU MOD is between 1300 and 1600 and should not below or above those figures

Check that you gimbal firmware is up to date.

Upgrade Page_04.jpg

Did all this, and it still is shifted/rolling when correcting yaw. Does anybody know if there are any shops that repair these gimbals, or should I just buy a new one?

Thanks!

Did all this, and it still is shifted/rolling when correcting yaw. Does anybody know if there are any shops that repair these gimbals, or should I just buy a new one?

Thanks!

You have video footage why not take post it here so we can see what is happening.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic