H4-3D (Shaking) video description...

Reaction score
Since the H4-3D Gimbal seems to basically be the exact same thing as the H3-3D...could someone try to help me out with the problem I'm having. See the description in the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIhF4laYvMc

thank you
Michael
[email protected]

***SOLUTION*** I apparently have solved the issue. All I did was take replace two of the white dampers that came attached with the H4-3D (the one's I didn't put the safety pins in) and replaced them with the dark grey ones. After that, I'm getting no vibration at all. See a video here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQQLpsb0Wmw

I have the exact same problem with my H4-3D. The video seems to be ok during playback without any software corrections, however, the gimbal constantly shakes. I have the hard white dampers on and am looking at trying a set of black that are harder. I have not changed any of the gain settings. Any help would be appreciated.

I notice this shaking on my P2 V3 with H3 3D and Gopro 3 black as well. Its strange how it does not seem to affect the footage at all. Though I do get the ever present jello in some of my shots. But jello is not visible in any shots where the craft is just hanging there quite low to the ground when you can see this shaking. Still only tried the white dampeners so far.

i can confirm, my h4-3d is shaking as well. not having that problem with my h3-3d

I have the modified Phantom 2 Vision Plus (non-upgrade) with the H33D 1.1 and Gopro 3+ BE and ND filter, running with default gains:
BASIC: pitch = 125%, Roll = 125% Yaw = 120% Vertical = 140%
ATTITUDE: pitch = 260%, Roll = 260%
The gopro was shaking/oscillating on the white ball dampeners. I switched to the harder grey and the shaking stopped.
You don't want the oscillations, as on closer inspection, will show as slight jello.

My backup phantom 2 v2 (non vision with upgraded motors) and props with the same h33d/gopro and white dampeners with same gain settings did not oscillate.

The weight was different between the 2, the vision has the wifi module, the non vision has the AVL58, but not by much. (I cant recall the weight).

What I concluded was that DJI sets default gains and do not take in consideration that there are variants in the motors and the payload.

I notice this shaking on my P2 V3 with H3 3D and Gopro 3 black as well. Its strange how it does not seem to affect the footage at all. Though I do get the ever present jello in some of my shots. But jello is not visible in any shots where the craft is just hanging there quite low to the ground when you can see this shaking. Still only tried the white dampeners so far.

I did a flight today starting again with the Phantom just hovering about 10 feet off the ground. You could clearly see my H3 3D with original GoPro 3 black shaking badly from side to side. And this time I could see excessive side to side shakes on my low level footage which continued once I flew higher. This did seem to calm down a bit halfway through the footage. But will give the dark grey dampeners a try. I always film at 50fps so would imagine filming at 25fps it would be worse.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj