H4-3D on a Phantom 1.1.1

Reaction score
Got a new Phantom v1.1.1 and want to put a H4-3D on it. It's got the NazaM-V2 inside and the tilt control lever preinstalled on the TX.

Can I get the H4-3D "Phantom 2 only" version or do I need the Standard version with the optional GCU?

A while back I bought the "Phantom-25 Phantom Upgrade Kit for H3-2D Brushless Gimbal". Do I need to install the Upgrade Kit or is the v1.1.1 already ready already? I think this kit allows use of gimbal without a separate Naza-M v2 PMU on a version 1.0. I think the v1.1.1. has this board already.

Looking for advice from someone who has done it and has a working ship.

Thanks!

The P1 has no CAN bus connector or GCU that is needed by the H3/H4 gimbals. You can add that by one of several means:
1) add PMU V2. If you do this, you'll also need a GCU module.
2) Change main board to P1 Upgrade board. Includes built-in GCU.
3) Change main board to P2 main board. Includes built-in GCU.

The first is easiest to do - just solder 2 power wires and change some plugs. It's also the most expensive.
The second is cleanest and reasonably cheap.
The third is cheapest, though it requires extending some wires yourself (at least the LED plug).

Looking over your post again - you'll need to install the upgrade board you got. The 1.1.1 does not have this already.

Ok thanks CityZen. I'll go with option #2. So it looks like the upgrade board includes the PMU as well as GCU.

So that means I can order the "for Phantom 2 Only" model for my phantom 1.1.1?

Yes, I believe so. I'm not sure, but you might need to get a longer 8-pin Zenmuse cable.
I don't remember what comes with what.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav