H4-3D install question

Reaction score
I got a P2 NV with the H4-3D included, and I'm ready to mount it. I watched a couple of install videos to make sure I know how to do it, and I see that one of them said to only use 2 of the clear plastic pins that go through the dampers, instead of using all 4. Is there a reason for this? Should I use all 4 anyway?

Figured I ask before mounting....

Thanks!!!

I got a P2 NV with the H4-3D included, and I'm ready to mount it. I watched a couple of install videos to make sure I know how to do it, and I see that one of them said to only use 2 of the clear plastic pins that go through the dampers, instead of using all 4. Is there a reason for this? Should I use all 4 anyway?

Figured I ask before mounting....

Thanks!!!

The idea of using the the pins to begin with is to keep the gimbal from coming apart in case of a hard landing. Now looking at the gimbal the front one go to the left side and the rear in the opposite corner. Many of us plastic ties instead of the plastic pins just make sure they loose and in the same two corners.

The next thing you should consider would be longer landing gear or snap on extensions as the gimbal with the camera is less then quarter inch off the ground. One hard landing could cost you big time.

Reactions: Christy
The idea of using the the pins to begin with is to keep the gimbal from coming apart in case of a hard landing. Now looking at the gimbal the front one go to the left side and the rear in the opposite corner. Many of us plastic ties instead of the plastic pins just make sure they loose and in the same two corners.

The next thing you should consider would be longer landing gear or snap on extensions as the gimbal with the camera is less then quarter inch off the ground. One hard landing could cost you big time.

forget the pins get a couple of small plastic ties and feed them through the holes; DO NOT SNUG THEM UP. this will prevent the gimbal from falling off in a really hard landing. the pins will bind the gimbal if you install them. there's a post on u tube showing this. I have 2 phantom 2's with gamble's and this is how I attach my gimbals. never had a problem.
longer landing gear is a good idea; however it is a pain in the A to install; find something to make the stock landing gear a little taller( you don't need much; maybe only 1/2 inch or so) I don't have any on mine; never had a problem; but that's me.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31