H4-3D gimbal from DJI - STILL no tilt gain for Naza M

Reaction score
I just got a nice big email ad from DJI pushing the new H4-3D gimbal.

There is even a specific part talking about the stand alone version with GCU for use on other platforms used in conjunction with Naza M and A2.

My question: WHY would I want to buy a new gimbal from DJI when you REFUSE to address the tilt gain adjustment issue in their Naza M assistant software? They have it in the Phantom Assistant software? Why not in your Naza M Assistant??!

The ad touts " Use a DJI A2, WooKong-M, or NAZA-M flight controller on any Flame Wheel for the highest level of customization."

WHAT CUSTOMIZATION? The tilt is defaulted at such a fast speed (high gain) it is IMPOSSIBLE to get good tilting video footage. How can I even think of building an S900 or other platform without a way to get professional results.

DJI: PLEASE ADDRESS THIS ISSUE! Until then I will not even look at another Zenmuse gimbal from DJI. Until then I fly my Phantom.... and won't be spending any more money with DJI.

just my .02

maybe they (dji) assumes that anyone who uses a zenmuse gimbal will run the phantom assistant software only since one would assume said gimbal is only being used on a phantom ..

all other platforms would use a gimbal setup for a larger camera therefore to have tilt control on the naza m software would not make sense in the event you are not using a zenmuse on a s900 ... tilt control commands would be proprietary to gimbal installed.

.. just my thoughts... :idea: :mrgreen:

capodrone81 said:
just my .02

maybe they (dji) assumes that anyone who uses a zenmuse gimbal will run the phantom assistant software only since one would assume said gimbal is only being used on a phantom ..

all other platforms would use a gimbal setup for a larger camera therefore to have tilt control on the naza m software would not make sense in the event you are not using a zenmuse on a s900 ... tilt control commands would be proprietary to gimbal installed.

.. just my thoughts... :idea: :mrgreen:

Well they sell the stand alone setup (both H3 and H4) for other 'copters with GCU (must run with Naza M controller) and advertise it that way (as an option for other 'copters)... just because you do not fly a Phantom (I have two of them + many other multi's) doen not mean you do not fly with a GoPro. The step up from GoPro quality to medium or large is HUGE.... yes, like an S900.

DJI has the F450 and F550 Hex (which I also have) and this setup DOES NOT WORK if you want good (tilt) video results.

So even is you have another 'copter, running Naza M or A2 or Wookong you are screwed unless your R/C transmitter happens to have servo speed function.

You would think since they have the gain adjustment feature in the Phantom Assistant software it would be an easy add on to the Naza M or A2 Assistant software... :evil: :?

Go to 1:14 on this video to see what I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntzu_DCTbWU

CJS:
I agree about you concerns with the H4-3D. I think using the H4-3D and for that matter the H3-3D on a platform other than a Phantom was an afterthought. What about video out to a IOSDII or miniosd? The GoPro 4 Silver apparently isn't even an afterthought.

Dji dont care, they only want more money, look at the h4-3d weight, the same as h3-3d. I bet its the exact same thing, they just balanced for hero 4 black.

CactusJackSlade said:
I just got a nice big email ad from DJI pushing the new H4-3D gimbal.

There is even a specific part talking about the stand alone version with GCU for use on other platforms used in conjunction with Naza M and A2.

My question: WHY would I want to buy a new gimbal from DJI when you REFUSE to address the tilt gain adjustment issue in their Naza M assistant software? They have it in the Phantom Assistant software? Why not in your Naza M Assistant??!

The ad touts " Use a DJI A2, WooKong-M, or NAZA-M flight controller on any Flame Wheel for the highest level of customization."

WHAT CUSTOMIZATION? The tilt is defaulted at such a fast speed (high gain) it is IMPOSSIBLE to get good tilting video footage. How can I even think of building an S900 or other platform without a way to get professional results.

DJI: PLEASE ADDRESS THIS ISSUE! Until then I will not even look at another Zenmuse gimbal from DJI. Until then I fly my Phantom.... and won't be spending any more money with DJI.

+1

I wont hold my breath this will ever get addressed though. All DJI are interested in now is the Inspire.

The Editor said:
+1

I wont hold my breath this will ever get addressed though. All DJI are interested in now is the Inspire.

+1 on that too! The Inspire has everyone's attention right now... including all the programmers and engineers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.