H4-3D and Vision app

Reaction score
Newbie question here, is there any communication between the P2 and the Vision app when using the H4-3D?
No camera video feed, and the only telemetry I'm getting is the wifi extender battery status. No GPS or main battery status.

I can connect to the Phantom_xxxxxx wifi when I launch the app, but under camera mode is says no wifi connection.

I don't have a lot of the history on this one. I just got the latest FW installed to get it working again. The H4-3D was already on it with the interference board stuck on the outside of the shell. I was told it was a P2V, but after opening the shell and finding the wifi module it must be a P2V+. I tried the QR code on the belly, but that must be for the original FC200 camera, so of course that didn't work. I have not thought until now to bind the mac address on the label of the wifi module to the app to see if that makes a difference.

Im using the Ilovecoffee mod V11 (Samsung/Android) and seems to work, i see vid and can move the cam but cant cache maps so havent actually flown with it using the app.

Newbie question here, is there any communication between the P2 and the Vision app when using the H4-3D?
No camera video feed, and the only telemetry I'm getting is the wifi extender battery status. No GPS or main battery status.

I can connect to the Phantom_xxxxxx wifi when I launch the app, but under camera mode is says no wifi connection.

You might want to take a look at post #252 in this thread:
DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Plus 2.4ghz Wifi Module - wiring diagram / camera connection - Page 17 - RC Groups

You will need a GoPro hero 4 black as prices for used camera are between $290 - $325 USD on ebay. The hero 4 black is a far better camera then any of the knockoffs on the market today for use on that gimbal.

Thanks for the lead Jason, I'll double check all the connections, but I think it might already be like that post, plus the interference board addition, from the previous owner. I've been trying it with a GP3, but will try with a GP4.

What's currently throwing me off is the telemetry bit. Why can I connect with the Vision app on the first page, but then going to the camera view it reports that the wifi is disconnected? The MAC address is the same on the belly label as on the wifi module label, and I can synch it.

The only thing I have not yet tried is to turn on the camera first, then the Phantom. Will see if that makes any difference.

Thanks for the lead Jason, I'll double check all the connections, but I think it might already be like that post, plus the interference board addition, from the previous owner. I've been trying it with a GP3, but will try with a GP4.

What's currently throwing me off is the telemetry bit. Why can I connect with the Vision app on the first page, but then going to the camera view it reports that the wifi is disconnected? The MAC address is the same on the belly label as on the wifi module label, and I can synch it.

The only thing I have not yet tried is to turn on the camera first, then the Phantom. Will see if that makes any difference.

Since both R/C controller and P2 Vision+ operate on a frequency of 5.8GHz turn on the wifi on the GP camera. Do you have a wifi extender on the controller? If not you will need one as wifi unit in the P2 as well as the GP have a short range.

I have no idea which app others are using these days as I own a P2 non-vision. So you might what to post that question in the P2 vision+ section of this forum as not all P2's are the same.

I would have thought the GoPro video feed went to the onboard wifi repeater on 2.4G, then relayed on to the wifi extender that's on the remote for the phone/tablet app, which is the setup I have. Are you saying that I can link the GoPro wifi to the extender and Vision app?

I would have thought the GoPro video feed went to the onboard wifi repeater on 2.4G, then relayed on to the wifi extender that's on the remote for the phone/tablet app, which is the setup I have. Are you saying that I can link the GoPro wifi to the extender and Vision app?

You can turn on the GP's wifi as it also uses the 2.4GHz frequency on. Whether it can be turned on/off through the app is something I do not have an answer for. I'd assume it would as it works that way through my cell phone when the GP is mount on my car or when I'm setting it up prior to a flight..

I read somewhere the GoPros WiFi interferes with the Phantoms 2.4ghz WiFi as theyre on the same frequency, its remote is 5.8ghz but the WiFi is 2.4ghz, the GoPro needs to be turned on first then your Phantom.

Well the Phantom's wifi may be dead anyways. I can't seem to be able to connect to it reliably or at all. There's also over a second of lag in the video with the GoPro wifi app, and the range can't be that good. Probably my best option is to use a video transmitter connected directly to the GoPro. I've haven't had any problems yet with the RC and video both on 5.8G. Just need to add a video receiver and monitor and forget about the app.

I read somewhere the GoPros WiFi interferes with the Phantoms 2.4ghz WiFi as theyre on the same frequency, its remote is 5.8ghz but the WiFi is 2.4ghz, the GoPro needs to be turned on first then your Phantom.

First off Pierre has a P2 vision plus whose frequency is 5.8GHz so the 2.4GHz from the GoPro's wifi will not interfere..

Well the Phantom's wifi may be dead anyways. I can't seem to be able to connect to it reliably or at all. There's also over a second of lag in the video with the GoPro wifi app, and the range can't be that good. Probably my best option is to use a video transmitter connected directly to the GoPro. I've haven't had any problems yet with the RC and video both on 5.8G. Just need to add a video receiver and monitor and forget about the app.

Since you have a video lag time from the GoPro I would think you're using the wrong app and the wifi module is working.

As I mentioned before why not post a question in in the P2 vision+ on which app they are using as this thread is really the not a good place to find the answers you need.

I was referring to the Phantoms WiFi frequency, not the controller, ive read through this thread before ... DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Plus 2.4ghz Wifi Module - wiring diagram / camera connection - Page 17 - RC Groups
The GoPro isnt using its WiFi, its wired into the Phantom to get the video to send from the GoPro via its USB connector or the socket at the rear (depending on which you buy) to the Phantoms WiFi - which the app receives, he needs to follow those threads through to see the completed connections as it seems its the same setup, the lag he mentions is from the GoPros WiFi app, not the Phantoms video transmitter.

I would try Ilovecoffees apk as i know it works on mine where others dont, if you still dont have video then it could be a damaged WiFi unit but try a few known apps that work with the P2V+ first to rule out an app problem, then follow that thread and check your Phantom is connected up correctly.

I think I have a bad wifi module after all. I can't seem to connect to it anymore, while before I was getting at least the extender battery status. Only the gimbal pitch control works with the remote, but I'm assuming that's an RC signal, and not wifi as used by the app.

I think I have a bad wifi module after all. I can't seem to connect to it anymore, while before I was getting at least the extender battery status. Only the gimbal pitch control works with the remote, but I'm assuming that's an RC signal, and not wifi as used by the app.

The gimbals tilt is through the app. Before ordering a new module if that is your intent check all the connections using the photos in this thread again.
DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Plus 2.4ghz Wifi Module - wiring diagram / camera connection - Page 17 - RC Groups

I was referring to the Phantoms WiFi frequency, not the controller, ive read through this thread before ... DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Plus 2.4ghz Wifi Module - wiring diagram / camera connection - Page 17 - RC Groups
The GoPro isnt using its WiFi, its wired into the Phantom to get the video to send from the GoPro via its USB connector or the socket at the rear (depending on which you buy) to the Phantoms WiFi - which the app receives, he needs to follow those threads through to see the completed connections as it seems its the same setup, the lag he mentions is from the GoPros WiFi app, not the Phantoms video transmitter.

I would try Ilovecoffees apk as i know it works on mine where others dont, if you still dont have video then it could be a damaged WiFi unit but try a few known apps that work with the P2V+ first to rule out an app problem, then follow that thread and check your Phantom is connected up correctly.

The P2 non-vision uses a 2.4GHz frequency while the P2 vision+ uses a frequency 5.8GHz and its wifi module uses 2.4GHz. Now the GoPro's wifi signal is 2.4GHz it will only interfere it P2 NV period.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4