H3-4D Available for Pre-Order

Reaction score
spudraleigh said:
A REAL DJI H3-4D gimbal can be purchased from UAV-Outlet... Just got this email from them today (hey Mod, how about starting a new H4-3D section?)

Anyway, here you go http://www.uav-outlet.com/products/dji-zenmuse-h4-3d-for-gopro-4-phantom-2-version.html

I have no connection to this company except as a customer. They are DJI authorized and I really like their prices, freshness of stock, good service! As always, YMMV ...

Excellent - An H3-3D that they rebadge and call it an H3-4D and...... they can charge $20 more for it !!!

Oh, don't tell me... It's NOT the same cos it has a redesigned IMU that can detect changes in the speed of the Earths rotation and is directly connected to the Hubble Space Telescope it also has rare earth metals in it and the PMU has plutonium nano-tubes that come with embedded artificial intelligence cpu's for more stable video during flight !!! - YEAH RIGHT!

I'll concede they MIGHT have stuck a lump of metal to balance it for the change in COG on a GP4 but certainly not worth more money !

The Hero 4 Silver in my H3-3D is working just fine.

I still havent been able to 'accidently' press the WIFI button on the side. And my camera doesnt droop or need rebalancing. Without power it just stares straight ahead.

One thing i did modify was the USB cable to fix interference & hum in the live video feed. If i remove 12V and 0V power from the Phantom to the GoPro then everything is fine.

For the record I am flying a Vision+ that has been modded to take a H3-3D and GoPro Hero 4.

The Editor said:
spudraleigh said:
A REAL DJI H3-4D gimbal can be purchased from UAV-Outlet... Just got this email from them today (hey Mod, how about starting a new H4-3D section?)

Anyway, here you go http://www.uav-outlet.com/products/dji-zenmuse-h4-3d-for-gopro-4-phantom-2-version.html

I have no connection to this company except as a customer. They are DJI authorized and I really like their prices, freshness of stock, good service! As always, YMMV ...

Excellent - An H3-3D that they rebadge and call it an H3-4D and...... they can charge $20 more for it !!!

Oh, don't tell me... It's NOT the same cos it has a redesigned IMU that can detect changes in the speed of the Earths rotation and is directly connected to the Hubble Space Telescope it also has rare earth metals in it and the PMU has plutonium nano-tubes that come with embedded artificial intelligence cpu's for more stable video during flight !!! - YEAH RIGHT!

I'll concede they MIGHT have stuck a lump of metal to balance it for the change in COG on a GP4 but certainly not worth more money !

Hey, I'm just the messenger, I use an H3-3D myself with a GP Black 3+ so I'm a happy boy. That said, I have read a lot of posts of people having trouble with their Hero 4 and since this one is specifically balanced/designed for the H4.... If I had an H4 and no gimbal for my Phantom 2, this is the one I would buy, just sayin' :roll:

TuT said:
The Hero 4 Silver in my H3-3D is working just fine.

I still havent been able to 'accidently' press the WIFI button on the side. And my camera doesnt droop or need rebalancing. Without power it just stares straight ahead.

One thing i did modify was the USB cable to fix interference & hum in the live video feed. If i remove 12V and 0V power from the Phantom to the GoPro then everything is fine.

For the record I am flying a Vision+ that has been modded to take a H3-3D and GoPro Hero 4.

I don't understand what you mean by modify the USB cable. I assume You mean you cut V+ and V- and you're just using the GP battery, yes? This would neutralize the difference in potential between the Phantom and GP power sources.

I don't understand what you mean by modify the USB cable. I assume You mean you cut V+ and V- and you're just using the GP battery, yes? This would neutralize the difference in potential between the Phantom and GP power sources.

I would also really like to know the answer to that as well as my GP4S goes weird when I plug in the usb cable from the gimbal. It powers up without the usual logo on the front and hitting the record button does nothing. This is not on a Phantom but I wanted to feed video out to my IOSDII but that doesn't work either. I can power up the GoPro4S manually and record if I unplug the usb cable from the H3-3D gimbal. There is the option to connect the wire ( red/power) from the IOSDII via a plug in cable to the H3-3D control unit but wasn't sure what the effect would be of the 11.2 v it feeds on either the H3-3D controller or the GoPro4 Silver. I left the power lead from the IOSDii to the H3-3D unplugged because my plan was to manually power it up and record.

Hi Guys,

I was getting interference which showed as horizontal lines on the FPV video and a horrible squeal in the audio recorded on the GoPro.
To mod the USB I just removed +V and 0V power connections to the USB, so the GoPro is just running on its own power. I'm not sure if the power coming from the Phantom is noisy of if there is a ground potential difference, but either way, once the +12v and 0V is removed from the USB I get a clean signal and clean audio.

I used clear sticky tape to cover all but the last 2 pins in the flat cable going to the USB connector board. The last 2 pins that remain connected are Composite Video Out and Video GND. This is all I need to provide clean video to the Vision+ FPV.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1