H3-3D Yawwing left then jerk back to center...

tch1972 said:
Just rec'd my H3-3D to mount on my Tarot 680. It powers up well, initializes and then when I get the bird about 10-12 feet off the ground the gimbal will yaw left then snap back to the middle. Hopefully this video link works.

Please advise.

https://fbcdn-video-a.akamaihd.net/hvid ... 9ef8caeaa9

Your left joystick controls the left and right turn on your gimbal,
learn to master the art.

nintendrone64 said:
tch1972 said:
Just rec'd my H3-3D to mount on my Tarot 680. It powers up well, initializes and then when I get the bird about 10-12 feet off the ground the gimbal will yaw left then snap back to the middle. Hopefully this video link works.

Please advise.

learn to master the art.

The yaw stick does not control the gimbal directly on the H3-3D. In some versions of the P2 firmware the gimbal will pre-yaw as a result of stick movement before the Phantom responds, but it's only a slight movement and isn't a linear response to stick movement.

That's not relevant here anyway, as that feature doesn't exist when using the GCU as the OP would be with a non-Phantom platform.

@tch1972, that's a common symptom of the gimbal trying to kick itself back into alignment when it gets pushed to its limits by wind or sharp yawing of the aircraft. You can also run a full IMU calibration on the Phantom to make sure the gimbal is using the best data available for stabilizing.

Opwan said:
nintendrone64 said:
tch1972 said:

Please advise.

learn to master the art.
Huh? Don't think that's correct....the only gimbal that is yaw controllable is the new Storm 360 degree gimbal. And the $3000 Zenmuse line. Anyone heard any reviews on the 360 Storm gimbal?

The Arris CM3000 allows full manual yaw control as well

Actually the H3-3D yaw left problem is because of wind resistance overpowering the motor and it stalls. To stop it, simply plug the phantom2 into your Phantom assistant software and upgrade the gimbal software to the latest version. Since doing so I have not had it happen ONCE and it was happening all the time previously.

I'm getting the same on mine. Just fitted it to my F450 last night and took it out for its first flight today. Speeds and yaw movements that my P2V+ would've handled easily were causing gimbal reset constantly at some points, on a really still day too. I don't know how relevant my problems are to the P2 solutions but it appears I'm on firmware 1.8 so I don't think that'smy issue. I've heard talk of powering on the Naza while facing north but to me this feels like I might as well pray to the gods for trouble free gimbal operation. Saying that, I'll be trying it tomorrow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav