H3-3D version V1 vs V1.1

Sonofa! thats probably why theres only one skid on the phantom 2 in their vid.... hmmm theres gotta be a way to make it work with 2 skids. Maybe cut the original landing gear and mount a portion of the vertical strut somewhere for the compass?

Wonder what would happen if you mounted the compass to one side of the gimbal

britchris1 said:
Sonofa! thats probably why theres only one skid on the phantom 2 in their vid.... hmmm theres gotta be a way to make it work with 2 skids. Maybe cut the original landing gear and mount a portion of the vertical strut somewhere for the compass?

Wonder what would happen if you mounted the compass to one side of the gimbal

The gimbal motors contain magnets. You don't want it anywhere near the gimbal.

You will regret it with the reduction in flight time !

The retracts weigh in at 110g (2x55g) and I suspect a little more when you factor in screws/nuts/bolts/wires/connectors etc.

You are probably looking more in the region of 125 - 130g that's a 10% increase in AUW !!!

Expect much shortened flying times.

poostik said:
So that dude told me all that stuff about v1.1, the skeleton case and how I'd be getting 1.1 - It came today and it's v1. :lol:
Poor dude is probably getting all his info wrong from some database of info or something. I'll reply and let him know.

I am very sorry for any confusion. If you'd like me to look into this, please email order details to henryp[at]bhphoto.com

henryp said:
poostik said:
So that dude told me all that stuff about v1.1, the skeleton case and how I'd be getting 1.1 - It came today and it's v1. :lol:
Poor dude is probably getting all his info wrong from some database of info or something. I'll reply and let him know.

I am very sorry for any confusion. If you'd like me to look into this, please email order details to henryp[at]bhphoto.com

wow. Cool.

I have all the information I need from within these pages. I was surprised at how much bad information I was given. I can forward my order confirmation email if you want to look into it. The aerial support rep also told me that B&H was going to send the riser plate and taller landing gear set when they got them in stock for free to anyone who ordered the H3-3D. I don't know if that's true either.

Anyway, I'll forward the order info.

Thanks.

poostik said:
henryp said:
poostik said:

wow. Cool.

I have all the information I need from within these pages. I was surprised at how much bad information I was given. I can forward my order confirmation email if you want to look into it. The aerial support rep also told me that B&H was going to send the riser plate and taller landing gear set when they got them in stock for free to anyone who ordered the H3-3D. I don't know if that's true either.

Anyway, I'll forward the order info.

Thanks.

Henryb I was also told the same about the riser plate and landing gear - I have the chat transcripts from your chat support. Are you able to confirm that this is true?
Thanks for jumping in and responding here.

britchris1 said:
Henryb I was also told the same about the riser plate and landing gear - I have the chat transcripts from your chat support. Are you able to confirm that this is true?

I just replied to poostik's email but this is basically what I said:

I'm happy to help, but in this case I have to admit this is a product genre about which I personally know too little. I'm sharing this with Oliver C's manager and with our buyer.
I found these: http://bhpho.to/ReqJIs
If any one of them is the kit you expected to receive I'd be happy to send it along.

I freely confess my ignorance.

henryp said:
britchris1 said:

I just replied to poostik's email but this is basically what I said:

I'm happy to help, but in this case I have to admit this is a product genre about which I personally know too little. I'm sharing this with Oliver C's manager and with our buyer.
I found these: http://bhpho.to/ReqJIs
If any one of them is the kit you expected to receive I'd be happy to send it along.

I freely confess my ignorance.

No problem - I appreciate the gesture. So the phantom vision landing gear in the link above is half of the kit http://bhpho.to/1nhHlhE
It also contains a mounting bracket. This is the complete kit from another website: http://bit.ly/1jyUdMF
I was unable to locate it on the B&H website

britchris1 said:

Send me an email with your B&H order numbers and mention "DJOF2."

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE between ver. 1 and 1.1 of the H3-3D ? The biggest change I saw was the flex ribbon cable to HDMI connection to the GoPro instead of the rear connector. I have a Phantom 2 that came with the H3-3D and ordered another one for my Phantom to replace it's H3-2D. Here's the odd thing the new Phantom with H3-3D has the REAR connector!

To install the H3-3D on my other Phantom 2 I had to cut a HOLE into the battery compartment which of course was not in the instructions...Wish they would be consistent now the connectors and SD card are exposed to the elements with this new mini-HDMI
connection.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl