H3 - 3D version 2 on a Phantom 1?

Reaction score
Hey guys. I recently bought the H3-3D from a seller on Amazon that said it was for the Phantom quad copters, he didn't state anywhere it was only for the Phantom 2.
Is there any possible way i can get this to work on a Phantom 1?
Is there another version of the H3-3D specially for the Phantom 1? (i can't seem to find one anywhere but i've seen videos of people using them)

any help is really appreciated, can't seem to find much information on this anywhere and I'm a bit of a noob myself

cheers

This fuselage adapter might be what you're looking for.

prYmnQ5.jpg

iJfqyLz.jpg

by2VXMh.jpg

Cf1bsuE.jpg

Don't get the GCU and PMU v2. Instead get a P1 Upgrade Board.
Or you can use a P2 main board, though it's bit more difficult to fit (requires extending wires).

I should clarify that:
- The pro for the GCU/PMUv2 is that less soldering is required (just 2 joints). The rest is plug & play.
- The con is that it's more weight and more stuff to cram inside the shell.
- It's also twice the cost of replacing the main board.
- Replacing the main board requires redoing 10 or so soldering connections. All are pretty easy, in my opinion (big power wires to solder pads).
- The P2 main board is the cheapest option, but only slightly cheaper than the P1 Upgrade board.

Has anyone had a problem with the H3-3D (Phantom2 version only) on a phantom1 that has a upgrade board. The problem I'm having is the gimbal pitch/tilt drifting. For example, if I turn my pitch lever a little the camera pans down but doesn't stop it keeps drifting downwards. The same goes for turning the pitch lever a little to go up, the camera goes up and drifts up more instead of stopping. If anyone knows of this problem please let me know.

Your gimbal is operating in relative mode, not absolute mode. What this means is that the movement (not the position) follows the lever:
- lever is up: movement is up
- lever is down: movement is down
- lever is centered: movement stays still
Once your gimbal has been updated to relative mode, I don't know that you can put it back to absolute mode. Relative mode was designed to work with DJI's new controller tilt wheel.
Some folks have dealt with this issue by adding a center detent to their gimbal lever using a rounded-off screw or a ball bearing.

Thanks CityZen
I have been trying to figure this out for a while.I tried everything from calibrating my IMU and my DJ6 controller. It totally ruins my video footage. I bought this H3-3D Phantom 2 version a few months ago before the new tilt wheel controller was released. If you find out anything on how to switch from relative mode to absolute mode, please let me know. Check out my youtube channel "Kuma Bear"

I just tried to hard reset my H3-3D gimbal and now my gimbal doesn't work. I tried updating the P330CB-H3-2D upgrade board and now the naza assistant doesn't doesn't show the IMU.

CityZen said:
Your gimbal is operating in relative mode, not absolute mode. What this means is that the movement (not the position) follows the lever:
- lever is up: movement is up
- lever is down: movement is down
- lever is centered: movement stays still
Once your gimbal has been updated to relative mode, I don't know that you can put it back to absolute mode. Relative mode was designed to work with DJI's new controller tilt wheel.
Some folks have dealt with this issue by adding a center detent to their gimbal lever using a rounded-off screw or a ball bearing.

CityZen

How do you tell if your gimbal is in relative mode or absolute mode? I plan to buy another gimbal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.