H3-3D v2.0

Reaction score
I spoke to a UK dealer today who said there was a whisper that DJI are making a v2.0 H3-3D which with integrate the interference board. I have a feeling DJI may be holding back delivering more v1.1 gimbals to dealers. Would make sense. This product launch is a total mess!

Frustrating to wait even longer, but I am holding back to see how this all unfolds. Makes it worst that I recently bust my H3-2D, so I am now devoid of gimbal and FPV.

If anyone is selling a broken / spares H3-2D please let me know.

Jaybee said:
I spoke to a UK dealer today who said there was a whisper that DJI are making a v2.0 H3-3D which with integrate the interference board. I have a feeling DJI may be holding back delivering more v1.1 gimbals to dealers. Would make sense. This product launch is a total mess!

Frustrating to wait even longer, but I am holding back to see how this all unfolds. Makes it worst that I recently bust my H3-2D, so I am now devoid of gimbal and FPV.

If anyone is selling a broken / spares H3-2D please let me know.

Yup - It's a repeat of the H3-2D fiasco - That had a 30% failure rate when first launched ! V2 followed very quickly but of course DJI (being Chinese) found it culturally impossible to admit a mistake

The Editor said:
Yup - It's a repeat of the H3-2D fiasco - That had a 30% failure rate when first launched ! V2 followed very quickly but of course DJI (being Chinese) found it culturally impossible to admit a mistake
i didn't know the D2 had early issues. You'd have thought they would have learned from that :roll:

Jaybee said:

Did the whisper said anything about a date? I just ordered an phantom/gimbal combo and thinking whether or not to postpone the gimbal and just take the phantom.

Edit: My local shop told me that the modification is probable part of the new DJI Lightbridge 2.4G full HD digital video downlink to make HD streaming possible. The connection plate of current gimbal is removable with 2 screws to replace it with a part from the Lightbridge set. Saying that it's not a new version of the gimbal.

vanardenne said:
Jaybee said:

Did the whisper said anything about a date? I just ordered an phantom/gimbal combo and thinking whether or not to postpone the gimbal and just take the phantom.

Edit: My local shop told me that the modification is probable part of the new DJI Lightbridge 2.4G full HD digital video downlink to make HD streaming possible. The connection plate of current gimbal is removable with 2 screws to replace it with a part from the Lightbridge set. Saying that it's not a new version of the gimbal.

As I said, the rumour is that v2 will incorporate the interference board. No idea of dates of course. I'm hanging back as long as possible. Seems like a lot of inconstant crap going with this product. Apparently the same happened when the 2D was released.

But regardless, the 1.1 H3-3D should work fine, as long as the interference board is also installed...correct? From what this "whisper" is saying, the only difference in the 2.0 is that the board will be integrated into the gimbal, not separate.

If that's the only difference, that's fine by me (although of course it'd have been preferable to have it all work right to start with). But if there's some other problem with the H3-3D, that would bother me.

canadavenyc said:
But regardless, the 1.1 H3-3D should work fine, as long as the interference board is also installed...correct? From what this "whisper" is saying, the only difference in the 2.0 is that the board will be integrated into the gimbal, not separate.

If that's the only difference, that's fine by me (although of course it'd have been preferable to have it all work right to start with). But if there's some other problem with the H3-3D, that would bother me.
The point is there seems to be inconsistency in terms of user experience. Many, who had perfectly workable 2D footage, are getting jello with the 3D, some are not. Sure, the 3D is lighter which may be something to do with it. But who knows what they'll change to further iterations going forward. DJI never admit to mistakes. Early adopters seem to be their beta testers as they continue to rush out products treating their existing user base as a lower priority. Having said that many 2nd gen users are having issues too which leads me to conclude this gimbal just wasn't / isn't ready for mass market.

For those that lived through the debacle of the first gimbal, I was wondering if DJI eventually made everything right for its customers or were they left out in the cold. I just purchased my first mulirotor from them with the H3-3D and it will be here on Monday. I also just ordered my Lilliput monitor and other FPV gear so I'm into this "hobby" for some serious coin already and wondering if DJI is going to leave a bad taste with a poor product launch.
I understand first adopters experience some pain associated with new releases but if the company stands behind their product, it is usually worth it.
My experience with DJI so far has been frustrating. I've emailed, called and tried to get pre-sales answers and it was like they didn't even care. I ended up ordering my setup from dronesmadeeasy.com because they answered their phone, emails and took the time to talk. Glad I did. DJI as a manufacturer has left their authorized dealers out to dry by not communicating with them about launch issues so the sellers couldn't communicate the issue to their buyers about the delay. Poor form on DJI's part and I hope the authorized "partners" for DJI express their displeasure with the process. Can anyone share their experience with how DJI handled the issues in the past? Did they make it right by the customer? Another reason I use my American Express for purchases like this!!!

canadavenyc said:

There are tons of people like myself with version 1.1 & no interference board that are working fine.

Mine also works great even without the anti-interference board.The only modification i've made is i take out the back connector for the gopro from my old H3-2D gimbal and i install it to my new H3-3D.It works excellent.The stability is much better than the H3-2D gimbal.

I asked my vendor (All e RC) why I didn't get an interference board with my v1.1 (supposedly since it has the USB plug) gimbal and they replied that the board was built into the gimbal. I flew for the first time yesterday and I saw a lot of interference on my FPV and heard a loud whine in the audio of the recorded video until I started the motors, which drowned out the whine.

Bluegrass said:
I asked my vendor (All e RC) why I didn't get an interference board with my v1.1 (supposedly since it has the USB plug) gimbal and they replied that the board was built into the gimbal.
Not sure about this.

Bluegrass said:
I flew for the first time yesterday and I saw a lot of interference on my FPV and heard a loud whine in the audio of the recorded video until I started the motors, which drowned out the whine.
Yep, I can safely say the audio + FPV interference is all to do with the USB plug system (I've done tons of testing, it doesn't happen with the GoPro backplug). I've noticed that sometimes after a while, say 5-10 mins, the FPV interference seems to disappear.

All said and done, the audio is not a big issue and the FPV interference isn't too bad. Now the latest 3D update has sorted out all the glitching and firmed-up the resistance with regards to the gimbal sleep state – with correct dampening to eliminate jello, I am finally happy with the performance of the 3D.

maakx said:
What's the new update?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
P330CB 1.0.1.30

Bluegrass said:
I asked my vendor (All e RC) why I didn't get an interference board with my v1.1 (supposedly since it has the USB plug) gimbal and they replied that the board was built into the gimbal. I flew for the first time yesterday and I saw a lot of interference on my FPV and heard a loud whine in the audio of the recorded video until I started the motors, which drowned out the whine.

Yep, All-E-Rc has said this. I don't think they're lying, I think they may have had a miscommunication with DJI. It doesn't seem likely that the 1.1 has the anti-interference board built in, but I think people HAVE found that when they buy more recent P2 H3-3D packages, the anti-interference board has been installed into the body of the Phantom (some people have found out because they got an anti-interference board in the package, opened up the Phantom to install it, and found the Phantom already had one installed!).

So my WAG is that DJI meant the board is already installed in some Phantom 2 H3-3D kits, and that message got garbled along the way.

ElGuano said:
Bluegrass said:

Yep, All-E-Rc has said this. I don't think they're lying, I think they may have had a miscommunication with DJI. It doesn't seem likely that the 1.1 has the anti-interference board built in, but I think people HAVE found that when they buy more recent P2 H3-3D packages, the anti-interference board has been installed into the body of the Phantom (some people have found out because they got an anti-interference board in the package, opened up the Phantom to install it, and found the Phantom already had one installed!).

So my WAG is that DJI meant the board is already installed in some Phantom 2 H3-3D kits, and that message got garbled along the way.

Have you seen any reports of benefit to using the anti-interference board on non-Phantom platforms? I get the same symptoms Bluegrass describes above when using the H3-3D + GCU on my 550 as well.

OI Photography said:
Have you seen any reports of benefit to using the anti-interference board on non-Phantom platforms? I get the same symptoms Bluegrass describes above when using the H3-3D + GCU on my 550 as well.

I haven't seen any reports, but what you say makes sense logically. The H3-3D analog video passthrough is what causes the interference, and that's what the anti-interference board is designed to address (i.e., not the NAZA or FPV hub or mainboard or anything else, when using another camera or H3-2D). So I would assume you would likely see similar issues on any platform that supports the H3-3D, and the board will help in those cases?

There are a lot of nuances that could invalidate the above of course, but for now that's my story and I'm sticking with it :)

ElGuano said:
OI Photography said:

I haven't seen any reports, but what you say makes sense logically. The H3-3D analog video passthrough is what causes the interference, and that's what the anti-interference board is designed to address (i.e., not the NAZA or FPV hub or mainboard or anything else, when using another camera or H3-2D). So I would assume you would likely see similar issues on any platform that supports the H3-3D, and the board will help in those cases?

There are a lot of nuances that could invalidate the above of course, but for now that's my story and I'm sticking with it :)

Ok that's what I was wondering, wasn't sure if the board was intended to address the issue with the passthrough or something conflicting on the P2 mainboard. I just ordered one so we'll see if it works on both of my aircraft.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic