H3-3D Software Upgrade Breaks Gimbal

Reaction score
This morning I connected my Phantom 2 to my MacBook Pro to check for software updates. On the "Upgrade" screen of the Phantom software, there was an update for the H3-3D, so I clicked on it. The upgrade was successful and the dialog instructed me to power cycle my Phantom. I did this, and now my H3-3D is completely limp and does not stabilize at all. Now when I click the "Upgrade" tab, the H3-3D doesn't even show up. I've rebooted my Mac and power cycled the Phantom again, but it's no use; it is completely unresponsive. One more note: the GoPro is still receiving power from the H3-3D.

Additional details:
+ Phantom software assistant version: 3.2
+ Computer: MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

Any help would be welcome. I've contacted DJI and will post more info when they respond.

If i remember right, there is talk/solution for this in rcg. Good luck searching and hope you get your gimbal working again [emoji4] Btw..i have one dead h3-3d too, allready bought another one, im going to try fix it when i find motivation [emoji19]

Good find, Kyle. Those instructions make more sense than the others I've seen.

Reposting it here for the benefit of others:

"Tahoe Ed" (via rcgroups.com) said:
Here is a reset procedure from DJI.

1. jumper the 2 dots in the picture below using tweezers.
2. power on phantom
3. remove tweezers when you see red and yellow LED on together.
4. connect to assistant software to re-upgrade.

showatt.php

Just did the upgrade on two gimbals and it killed both of them. When you power it on, it is lit up with red and yellow. Exactly how it should be AFTER you reset it.
There is a flaw in the upgrade. Again, two brand new gimbals killed by this update. Also when you reconnect to the Phantom software, the gimbal is no longer recognized. BEWARE!

**UPDATE** I was able to finally get the gimbals reset. It took about 4 tries. Then the gimbal actually showed up in the Phantom software. Ran the new update again, and both appear to be working fine.

cameralensrentals said:
Just did the upgrade on two gimbals and it killed both of them. When you power it on, it is lit up with red and yellow. Exactly how it should be AFTER you reset it.
There is a flaw in the upgrade. Again, two brand new gimbals killed by this update. Also when you reconnect to the Phantom software, the gimbal is no longer recognized. BEWARE!

**UPDATE** I was able to finally get the gimbals reset. It took about 4 tries. Then the gimbal actually showed up in the Phantom software. Ran the new update again, and both appear to be working fine.
Barry

Good news :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj