H3-3D range of motion

Reaction score
I just got into this and am wondering if its just me or if I am having a problem,
(seriously I just got the P2 in the mail today so I am a true newbie be gentle :? )
I have seen videos with this gimbal where people point the camera (GoPro Hero 3) straight down and send the Phantom 2 up to several hundred feet.

Mine (the gimbal) will not point the camera straight down... any ideas?

thanks in advance

Also no FPV here (yet)

aclphoto said:
I just got into this and am wondering if its just me or if I am having a problem,
(seriously I just got the P2 in the mail today so I am a true newbie be gentle :? )
I have seen videos with this gimbal where people point the camera (GoPro Hero 3) straight down and send the Phantom 2 up to several hundred feet.

Mine (the gimbal) will not point the camera straight down... any ideas?

thanks in advance

Also no FPV here (yet)

the controller has a lever on the back of the controller. move that left/right and see what happens.

Bmews

As mentioned above - lever on back of controller moves camera. Before that go into assistant software -> advanced -> gimbal -> make sure gimbal is set to on. Then go to Basic -> RC -> calibrate sticks and X1 (click on start and move sticks slowly to all corners of controller, then move lever on rear of controller SLOWLY then click finish)

Yes I already knew about the control lever. :)

I'll look into the software this morning. Thanks.

aclphoto said:
Yes I already knew about the control lever. :)

I'll look into the software this morning. Thanks.

I was hoping you did. What I meant was, moving left/right, what degree of control or pitch do you get? We know it doesn't go to 90 deg but an estimate etc.

Sounds like you a bit of calibration as EMCSQUAR recommended would help you.

Bmews

I also have this range of motion issue with the gimbal. I can point the camera directly forward but when I move the lever on the back it can only get to about 30 degrees, not pointing straight down. Any help appreciated.

I had the same problem.....camera would lack about 30 deg going straight down.
What sar104 said fixed my problem.
Went through the RC & PH2 calib (calibrating X1) with no changes.
Under PH2 assistant:
-Advanced....Gimbal......Horiz and Vert set to 0 (my horiz was at -30 is why it wouldn't go straight down)
Also lowered gain from 50 to 10 for smoother tilting.

If I can add 2 cents, I found and followed the advice in this link to a "T" and that ended up working for me. I felt it was important to follow the steps (connecting, powering up, launching app - although not necessarily in that order) extremely helpful. My suggestion is to do exactly as he says, step by step.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2zNT6kHoEM

Don't crash...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl