Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

H3-3d PROBLEM WITH NEW CAM FIREFLY 6S

Discussion in 'Zenmuse H3-3D/H4-3D GoPro Gimbal' started by djphantom2015, Feb 8, 2016.

1. djphantom2015

Hi everyone. I just bought the firefly 6S because I was using a go pro 3 white and I'm not so happy of the light quality. I saw many videos of this camera footage and I most say I like it. Colors are brighter. So I mounted it on the H3-3D gimbal, but in order to do so I had to make some small modifications on the camera, because it's 1/5 of a mm wider. So I had to smooth 2 sides of the camera and add a cardboard type sheet behind it, otherwise the side botton would be pressed against the gimbal.
    Once I mounted on the gimbal the problems started. I thought the gimbal itself would auto-regulate itself. In fact when I added a filter to my go pro I did not have any issue.
    I tried updating the software of the gimbal and the problem is basically that it does not keep the horizontal position. It is horizontal when the phantom is straight but if I bend it as if the phantom is moving sideways the camera align with the phantom and not with the horizon.
    I tested the quality at 1080 px at 60 fps, and I must say it is was I expected. Just need to fix this problem. Also sometimes when the camera is facing straight the motors starts making a lots of noise. Anyone had a similar experience while changing the camera??

2. jason

The zenmuse gimbals were designed for the GoPro exclusively and were balanced for it's weight. As far as color goes no camera is really perfect when comes to color that is why there are software programs to correct WB, enhance color and do color grading.

3. djphantom2015

I actually had also a very light grinding noise with the go pro when the camera was perfectly horizontal. Now i fixed both problems.
    It is horizontal when the phantom is straight but if I bend it as if the phantom is moving sideways the camera align with the phantom and not with the horizon.
    I realized I had selected fpv mode in the gimbal menu. Once deselected the camera adjusts to the horizon.
    Also sometimes when the camera is facing straight the gimbal motor starts making a lots of noise.
    I placed a 10 eurocent on the arm of the gimbal attached with a velcro and voila. It's perfect now, no noise and balanced 100%

4. Liquid's_drone

I heard a lot of people use google it on YoUTube the firefly 6s with phantom 2 h3 3d it fits perfectly no balancing needed same weight 74-75g only like 1g difference to the hero 4,

Also firefly 6s uses mini usb so that h3 3d u can plug it straight to gimbal and use FPV?

Why did you have to add cardboard etc?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

5. djphantom2015

Sorry for the delay. Saw your question now.
    I added a piece of cardboard behind the camera because the button on the side of the firefly (forward and backward button) remained pressed on the metal frame. So by adding cardboard I created 1 or 2 mm more distance and the button does not touch the frame.

6. Mako79

Tape a coin to the motor making the noise.