H3-3D parts and disassamble

Reaction score
Hi there I Just got my P2 a couple of days ago but was T-storm until today so I had my first fly :D :D

It's not that easy specially because I live in the mountains and I don't have a big field and I have lots of trees this why I bought the Prop guards but they don't work with my model my propellers are 9.5" (do you know if there is a solution on that online I cannot find much)

Anyway I was writing to ask how I can remove the gimbal H3-3d. There are those 2 plastic pins that I cannot figure out how to take them off without break them.
Do you know if there is also a place online where you can buy gimbals parts?

Thanks

Those Plastic pins don't come off without breaking them off. I know, I've broken all mine.
I don't know where you can find them online.

Xrover said:
Those Plastic pins don't come off without breaking them off. I know, I've broken all mine.

I got it unfortunately to late. I broke the gimbal. I hit a tree branch and broke a propeller and had an hard land on the grass. I think I hit a rock that was there and there is a cable that have a little cut. Very poor design....I understand that I'm a beginner but the gimbal is 1/2" from the floor and that cable is completely unprotected.

Do you know if there is a way to fix it

Kiko said:
Xrover said:

I got it unfortunately to late. I broke the gimbal. I hit a tree branch and broke a propeller and had an hard land on the grass. I think I hit a rock that was there and there is a cable that have a little cut. Very poor design....I understand that I'm a beginner but the gimbal is 1/2" from the floor and that cable is completely unprotected.

You can get a Phantom cable kit. Have to pop the Phantom apart. I have to do that on mine - ripped the cable on a crash. Also broke the gimbal so it is a new gimbal time - h3-3d is probably going to be the solution. Here is the cable link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/131126901587?ss ... 1497.l2649

ladykate said:
Kiko said:
Xrover said:

You can get a Phantom cable kit. Have to pop the Phantom apart. I have to do that on mine - ripped the cable on a crash. Also broke the gimbal so it is a new gimbal time - h3-3d is probably going to be the solution. Here is the cable link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/131126901587?ss ... 1497.l2649

Thanks for help but it's not the phantom cable I need, see images in the bottom left. That cable is left out unprotected

asPPg9el.jpg

The link he provided IS the 8 pin cable you're referring to. As far as parts, highly doubtful as new as H3 3D is, you might want to contact DJI LA for repair. Try emailing if you don't want to sit for an hour plus on the phone on hold, yes they're that busy.

EMCSQUAR said:
The link he provided IS the 8 pin cable you're referring to. As far as parts, highly doubtful as new as H3 3D is, you might want to contact DJI LA for repair. Try emailing if you don't want to sit for an hour plus on the phone on hold, yes they're that busy.

But the 8 pins cable is not the one that got from the P2 and power the gimbal? That is not the one I broke....am I missing something?

The 8 pin cable comes out of back of gimbal runs to board of P2. It carries power & video signal. It's the only cable exposed off the gimbal. Only other cable(s) exposed are compass attached to a leg and small antenna leads.

EMCSQUAR said:
The 8 pin cable comes out of back of gimbal runs to board of P2. It carries power & video signal. It's the only cable exposed off the gimbal.

Exactly so the one I broke is not the 8pins. In my image in the bottom left.

ladykate said:
Kiko said:
Xrover said:

I contacted the ebayer from your link and he confirmed that is not the cable I need :-(

Hi Kiko,

I can see the ribon you mean, it's part of the gimbal. Several people with the 2D version have had those damaged. I think you are going to have to send it back for repair. I use the spare rubber stick on feet on the gimbal to protect that area.

Thanks,

Kev

Kevinski said:
Hi Kiko,

I can see the ribon you mean, it's part of the gimbal. Several people with the 2D version have had those damaged. I think you are going to have to send it back for repair. I use the spare rubber stick on feet on the gimbal to protect that area.

Thanks,

Kev

Yes that is what dji just told me. I was able to get an answer from dji China before than dji USA I don't know what they do in California.... probably to much surf ;-)

Anyway I see what you mean for the protection but It's sad that they didn't fix this problem specially now that they release the new model It's not that hard to fix too..... how knows when I will see my gimbal again. Anyone did this repair on the 2d knows about timing and money?

Thanks

Quick update!!

No way to get that cable online sounds like it's a problem that was also in the gimbal 2D and those smart people decided to do not change it even if the fix looks pretty easy.....anyway try to protect it the best you can or you will end up like me waiting for 5 weeks before to get it back

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj