H3-3D on a F550

ladykate said:
I got the H3-3D in today and decided to replace the H3-2D on the Tarot. For all purposes, this is the same as the 550. I used the 2D GCU. Had to make a standoff for the frame. Made it out of some PVC. Didn't want to carve up my decks on the 810 so I tied it with zip ties. It seems to work - haven't flight tested it, though. Raining right now.

I just installed my H3-3D today as well on a Aeroxcraft knock off. The mounting plate already had a rectangular cutout that fit the 3rd axis section so no routing of the mount was necessary.

I used double-sided tape and zip ties to secure. I also used the included 'secure pins' that are run through each of the rubber dampeners. Curious that you did not use these as well. Any particular reason you didn't?

Attachments

• gimbal.JPG
    gimbal.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 425
ericty said:
I used double-sided tape and zip ties to secure. I also used the included 'secure pins' that are run through each of the rubber dampeners. Curious that you did not use these as well. Any particular reason you didn't?

re: secure pins

If you look carefully at the picture you can see I used a zip tie on the front/back corner (two total). They are on loosely so they don't bind against the dampener. This is the easiest to work with, costs only a penny or two, and allows you to remove/replace the gimbal anytime (which I did a couple of times while getting my arms around the jello). The alternative is those heavily overpriced pins that are hard to remove.

My understanding is that even DJI recommended this to a few folks who were unable to find the replacement parts.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4