Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

H3-3D NOT POWERING HERO4 BLACK

Discussion in 'Zenmuse H3-3D/H4-3D GoPro Gimbal' started by Ejazzle, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Ejazzle

I've been searching the forum and reading as much as i can but I haven't seen this same issue.

I've got the hero 4 black and original h3-3d that plugs into the back of the camera. The gimbal is getting power and works fine but it is not charging my hero 4. I can see a little red light that comes just to the left of the camera but the red light on the gopro does not come on.

Anyone heard of this?

I just have the phantom 2 w/ h3-3d gimbal

Attached Files:

2. QYV

QYV

you've been looking around the forum a lot yea? If so you've probably seen that the H3-3D with the rear port does not work properly for FPV, yes? for whatever reason, the Hero4's just don't act the same as the Hero 3 series with regards to the rear port, at least not on Zenmuse gimbals. it wouldn't surprise me to learn that power delivery was also affected.

3. Ejazzle

yeah so far thats what I have been reading. But if I remember correctly it was powering my Hero 4 when I first got it.

4. PetePerrim

Actually, no it wasn't. You will still need to use the dreaded ribbon cable if you're going to use the H4 on the H3-3D gimbal but there is some good news, DJI have just released the latest H4-3D gimbal designed specifically for the Hero 4 camera. This was unveiled this week at CES 2015 but there is no new info on their website yet.