H3-3D not balanced when off

Reaction score
So has any one else noticed that the gimbal falls to the side (pitch motor side) when turned off? This seem like it would put alot of strain on the rear roll motor of the gimbal and could explain why I noticed it gets pretty hot. I also don't like it because when you are on cement the pitch motor hits the ground. To help the balance I put two of those clear stick on bumper things pictured below. Do you think this is fine?

Attachments

• 20140516_210926-1.jpg
    20140516_210926-1.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 426
For a gimbal that's in balance, with power off you should be able to move the gimbal to any position and it should stay where you put it. It shouldn't return to centre - that's actually out of balance. Without your counter-weights on check to see if it will broadly hold its position in all axes when you move it by hand on a level surface (again, power off). If it won't then it's not balanced from the factory, which it should be, and you need to speak to your dealer. If it does then it is balanced as it should be and you don't need to add anything unless your GoPro is carrying an accessory like a lens filter or something.

Pull_Up said:
For a gimbal that's in balance, with power off you should be able to move the gimbal to any position and it should stay where you put it. It shouldn't return to centre - that's actually out of balance. Without your counter-weights on check to see if it will broadly hold its position in all axes when you move it by hand on a level surface (again, power off). If it won't then it's not balanced from the factory, which it should be, and you need to speak to your dealer. If it does then it is balanced as it should be and you don't need to add anything unless your GoPro is carrying an accessory like a lens filter or something.

Yea this was the first thing i noticed. When i turn it off it falls to the side. With it off i can put it in any position , but it still falls to the motor side. I know i saw someone else say theirs was like that as well. Is everyone elses balanced? I don't want to send it back and be without a gimbal. At least i got it from B&H so i know i will not have any problem exchanging.

shartlza said:
Pull_Up said:

Yea this was the first thing i noticed. When i turn it off it falls to the side. With it off i can put it in any position , but it still falls to the motor side. I know i saw someone else say theirs was like that as well. Is everyone elses balanced? I don't want to send it back and be without a gimbal. At least i got it from B&H so i know i will not have any problem exchanging.

Mine did that too, although it is only slightly out, and I would have expected that other forces in flight, such as wind, would make it insignificant. I did correct it with a small weight to begin with, but now using a cable for HDMI out which just happens to balance the gimbal almost perfectly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl