H3-3D - No Video to Black Pearl Monitor

Well ive finally purchased another immersionrc TX and fitted it.

Picture is a little clearer but still wont work unless i am near the drone, as in a couple of inches that is.

just wondering could it be the Black Pearl Monitor starting to play up?. Its got to be a range thing if im getting a picture with all the iOSD info on the screen when near the drone, but ive only got to move the monitor away slightly and the picture goes.

Anybody heared of any connection faults inside the Black Pearl...antenna connections etc..?

Trouble is its an expensive job replacing parts just to diagnose the fault...theres nobody nearby that i know of thats got any equipment to try!!.

Well ive finally purchased another immersionrc TX and fitted it.

Picture is a little clearer but still wont work unless i am near the drone, as in a couple of inches that is.

just wondering could it be the Black Pearl Monitor starting to play up?. Its got to be a range thing if im getting a picture with all the iOSD info on the screen when near the drone, but ive only got to move the monitor away slightly and the picture goes.

Anybody heared of any connection faults inside the Black Pearl...antenna connections etc..?

Trouble is its an expensive job replacing parts just to diagnose the fault...theres nobody nearby that i know of thats got any equipment to try!!.

Hopefully you have the correct antenna attached to the TX. Immersion transmitters do not have a center pin to complete the circuit so the antenna must have one or you'll need an RF adapter with male output on both ends as in these photos.
2pcs SMA male plug To RP-SMA female plug Straight RF Connector Adapter | eBay

[URL='http://www.ebay.com/itm/RIGHT-ANGLE-SMA-Male-To-RP-SMA-Female-connect-SMA-to-RP-SMA-RF-Connector-Adapter-/131049574541'][URL="http://www.ebay.com/itm/RIGHT-ANGLE-SMA-Male-To-RP-SMA-Female-connect-SMA-to-RP-SMA-RF-Connector-Adapter-/131049574541"]RIGHT ANGLE SMA Male To RP-SMA Female connect SMA to RP-SMA RF Connector Adapter | eBayhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/RIGHT-ANGLE-SMA-Male-To-RP-SMA-Female-connect-SMA-to-RP-SMA-RF-Connector-Adapter-/131049574541[/URL]http://www.ebay.com/itm/RIGHT-ANGLE-SMA-Male-To-RP-SMA-Female-connect-SMA-to-RP-SMA-RF-Connector-Adapter-/131049574541[/URL]

Hi Jason yes it has correct antenna attached to it. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using PhantomPilots mobile app

What is your cameras firmware version? When you turn on camera you will see the version at the bottom of the LCD screen and it's only there for a second or two.

Do you have a mini iOSD connected to transmitter and is it sending telemetry to the monitor no matter how far it is moved from the monitor.

Do you have a mini iOSD connected to transmitter and is it sending telemetry to the monitor no matter how far it is moved from the monitor.
Ive replaced USB connector and ribbon.

Yes i have a mini iOSD connected I am getting a picture with telemetry when monitor is near. But as soon as i move away theres no picture or telemetry on screen, its just snowy.

Are you using stock antennas on the monitor or aftermarket?

Are you using stock antennas on the monitor or aftermarket?
I bought the setup secondhand i think one antenna may be stock and the other one is a panel antenna.

They have always worked before....but its a mystery.

I think for me getting a picture when monitor is nearby rules out any fault with wiring on the drone.

Its got to be a signal fault....im thinking more now that its a monitor fault not recieving a signal from drone.

I bought the setup secondhand i think one antenna may be stock and the other one is a panel antenna.

They have always worked before....but its a mystery.

I think for me getting a picture when monitor is nearby rules out any fault with wiring on the drone.

Its got to be a signal fault....im thinking more now that its a monitor fault not recieving a signal from drone.

What I was going to suggest was to try the stock antennas on the monitor to see it made a difference. The only way to eliminate the loss of video signal is to do a continuity check from the USB ribbon cable to the transmitter with a VOM with continuity ringer. This is not to say that you couldn't have a defective monitor but before would spend any more money I would test the wiring first. Looking back at you post you said you had replaced USB ribbon cable to the camera but did that also include replacing the USB connector as well. The video output and ground on the cameras ribbon cable are the last two copper traces an which of the two is ground you'll have to determine as I do not recall which is which.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers