H3-3D - No Video to Black Pearl Monitor

Reaction score
Hi there,
I am not getting any picture on my Black Pearl monitor, I have checked both GoPro 4 and Monitor settings and both are set to NTSC.

I replaced ribbon cable ( part 56) but still no picture, i also tried another new ribbon cable ( part 56) just incase it was faulty but its still the same!.

The monitor picture is black and white (snowy) sometimes you can see numbers and letters in the backround.

Its abit of a puzzle because it was working fine before. The DJI Phantom 2 has never had any bad crashes.....the only thing i can think of is one time while i was carrying the drone the zenmuse come apart from drone somehow, maybe it may of damaged the grey 8 pin wire.

Are there any checks i can make inside the drone (readings etc..) where the signal is breaking down?

The gimble is working fine moves and tilts no problem its just the Video no picture fault.

Hope someone can give me some advice.

Many Thanks
Graham

Im assuming you have a video transmitter onboard and the GoPro sends its signal to it via the USB socket, is the antenna connected correctly?

Thanks for the reply, yes it has a immersionrc 5.8ghz 600mw reciever and the antenna seems to be connected correctly.

The reciever feels hot to touch im not sure if that is normal?...the switches on the reciever are set to 1&2 are off 3&4 are on.

Cheers
Graham

Does the VTX (immersion) light up? Should be a small red light on it, if its on and all the connections look ok id say your not on the correct channel with your receiver/monitor.

Does the VTX (immersion) light up? Should be a small red light on it, if its on and all the connections look ok id say your not on the correct channel with your receiver/monitor.

Yes the red light is on.....and ive gone through all the channels and still no picture.

Is the GoPro 4 compatible with this setup? (i use a Hero3+black), im sure i read somewhere the GoPro 4 if updated killed the USB-out video (unsure about the rear socket).

Is the GoPro 4 compatible with this setup? (i use a Hero3+black), im sure i read somewhere the GoPro 4 if updated killed the USB-out video (unsure about the rear socket).

The GoPro 4 has been working fine with the setup. I am not sure has it updated when transfering photos i will have to check.....can i rollback firmware if it has updated i wonder.

It could be the cause if there is trouble with updates to GoPro.

Dont quote me on that, i read something in a thread somewhere, if you or a friend has another GoPro you could try it would rule that out (if older GoPro) :)

cheers bud......just read up on a few things to try could be along night!! :grinning:

Just checked the firmware on GoPro 4 silver and its v3.00 so it should still be ok to use usb output.....unless someone on here has had trouble with that version?.

Anyway think i am back to square one

Is the yellow wire going to receiver the video out? would i be able too get a reading here to see if im getting signal from gopro to receiver......what meter reading should i get?.
I can then work my way back and find out where the trouble is.

Headache :worried:

I ve opened the Phantom up to see if theres any loose wires inside....everything looks fine.

I tried holding the drone near to the Black Pearl monitior and when it was close to the antennas on the monitor i got an intermmitant picture but was still snowy but got the colour back.

So do you think its the VTX reciever failing or a dodgy antenna or something?

I ve opened the Phantom up to see if theres any loose wires inside....everything looks fine.

I tried holding the drone near to the Black Pearl monitior and when it was close to the antennas on the monitor i got an intermmitant picture but was still snowy but got the colour back.

So do you think its the VTX reciever failing or a dodgy antenna or something?

Hi Graham,

I know this is an old thread from earlier this month but were you able resolve the problem with the video.

Hi Graham,

I know this is an old thread from earlier this month but were you able resolve the problem with the video.

Hi Jason, no still having problems with video.
I am getting a picture but not very clear when i hold drone very close to monitor.

Hi Jason, no still having problems with video.
I am getting a picture but not very clear when i hold drone very close to monitor.

Is there a possibility that you powered up the P2 without antenna on the TX. Which Tx system are you using. Do you also have mini iOSD installed for telemetry?

Is there a possibility that you powered up the P2 without antenna on the TX. Which Tx system are you using. Do you also have mini iOSD installed for telemetry?

No never been powered up without antenna.

Its an immersionrc / black pearl monitor and yes it has a mini iOSD installed.

No never been powered up without antenna.

Its an immersionrc / black pearl monitor and yes it has a mini iOSD installed.

Is the iOSD clear on the screen ? Have you checked that both camera and monitor are on the video input either NTSC or PAL. since you are using a immersion TX it should be on Band "F" while both RX 1 &2 should be on the same frequency 1 - 8.

If the iOSD is not clear an sharp on the screen it is possible you have a defective TX. Antennas are unlikely at fault closeup or even at say 500 yrs there may be dropouts in the video but not cause the problems you are having that is of course you have the correct antennas on both P2 and receiver. I am referring to the center conductor on the antennas.

Is the iOSD clear on the screen ? Have you checked that both camera and monitor are on the video input either NTSC or PAL. since you are using a immersion TX it should be on Band "F" while both RX 1 &2 should be on the same frequency 1 - 8.

If the iOSD is not clear an sharp on the screen it is possible you have a defective TX. Antennas are unlikely at fault closeup or even at say 500 yrs there may be dropouts in the video but not cause the problems you are having that is of course you have the correct antennas on both P2 and receiver. I am referring to the center conductor on the antennas.

The screen is snowy its only when you hold the drone near to the monitor that you can see a picture & the iOSD info, but the picture is still snowy.
It worked fine before with the antennas im using.
Both Monitor and Gopro are set to NTSC

The red light is lit on the immersionrc but could it still be defective? All cables seem ok.

The screen is snowy its only when you hold the drone near to the monitor that you can see a picture & the iOSD info, but the picture is still snowy.
It worked fine before with the antennas im using.
Both Monitor and Gopro are set to NTSC

The red light is lit on the immersionrc but could it still be defective? All cables seem ok.

That's exactly what it sounds like. A defective TX.

I mount mine with doubleback 3M tape on the heatsink with the plastic wrap in tack.
IMG_2061.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl