H3-3D Issues

Reaction score
Hello Pilots!

I recently purchased Phantom 2 with H3-3D Gimbal, and noticed aligning issue with Zenmuse,

I tried all available options posted on this forum, none of them worked and I decided to contact DJI support,

wrote several emails and called several times, with no luck....

Questions:

1. Anybody exprencied same no answer issues with DJI, seems phone line always recommends to hang up and try another day?
2. Any service centers in US I can ship Zenmuse H3-3D for diagnostic and possible repair?

Thank you!

Explain what you tried..

Mako79:

1. Calibration via Phantom software as instructed
2. Upgrading Firmware
3. Deupgrading Firmware
4. Changing rubber holders
5. Adjusting enclosure mount

Mako79:

1. Calibration via Phantom software as instructed
2. Upgrading Firmware
3. Deupgrading Firmware
4. Changing rubber holders
5. Adjusting enclosure mount

Do you have permanent horizon tilt that is off about 1-2 degrees? Or does it happen mid flight??
Are you doing Advanced IMU calibrations on a spirit/bubble levelled surface. It has to be levelled in all axis. Also to do a successful Advanced IMU calibration, it must be done the moment the phantom is turned on. Make sure you get 2 green ticks in less than a minute. Remember, the longer you leave the phantom on idle, the higher chances the IMU calibration will fail.
Another thing to do is find North when you are doing the Adv IMU. Use a compass, find north and point the phantom's nose in the same direction. I'm at work, so I cannot post up youtube clips.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441297951.175960.jpg

That's how it is!

Do you have permanent horizon tilt that is off about 1-2 degrees? Or does it happen mid flight??
Are you doing Advanced IMU calibrations on a spirit/bubble levelled surface. It has to be levelled in all axis. Also to do a successful Advanced IMU calibration, it must be done the moment the phantom is turned on. Make sure you get 2 green ticks in less than a minute. Remember, the longer you leave the phantom on idle, the higher chances the IMU calibration will fail.
Another thing to do is find North when you are doing the Adv IMU. Use a compass, find north and point the phantom's nose in the same direction. I'm at work, so I cannot post up youtube clips.

1. Its about 15 degrees and its during standby and flight
2. Yes, Advanced
3. Advanced with successful finish
4. 2 green thats correct
5. Used this video for N
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I will try post a video to demonstrate

Thank you Mako79 for your help!

Standby

Flight Mode

Sounds like a physical issue.
1. Check the grub hex screw at the top of the gimbal arm. On one side is the flex cable, and the other is a "hidden" hex grub screw. Try and tighten that and make sure its on the flat side of the D-shaft.
2. Could be a dead potentiometer giving false readings.

The other thing i notice is when your phantom is off, the go pro is NOT neutral balanced. Neutral balance is when the gopro "floats" and does not limp to one side when off. People usually use coins to counter balance the weight and this destresses the motors and stops motor burn out.

Analogy would be holding a 10kg weight closest to your chest. You can hold that longer than extending your arms out with a 10kg weight.

Could it be that it's a hero 4 on an H3 gimbal?

Here's a photo of that allen screw.

Attachments

• IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 372
Could it be that it's a hero 4 on an H3 gimbal?
Could be... If neutral balance wasn't found and the motor(s) was overstressed for long periods. Its hard say without having proper diagnostics.

Here's a photo of that allen screw.
That's the one!! Thanks.

Sounds like a physical issue.
1. Check the grub hex screw at the top of the gimbal arm. On one side is the flex cable, and the other is a "hidden" hex grub screw. Try and tighten that and make sure its on the flat side of the D-shaft.
2. Could be a dead potentiometer giving false readings.

The other thing i notice is when your phantom is off, the go pro is NOT neutral balanced. Neutral balance is when the gopro "floats" and does not limp to one side when off. People usually use coins to counter balance the weight and this destresses the motors and stops motor burn out.

Analogy would be holding a 10kg weight closest to your chest. You can hold that longer than extending your arms out with a 10kg weight.
Thank you, I will check with screw, but again since its new purchase, I am wondering why DJI wont respond to my inquiries, replace or repair will be good

I have both GoPro 3 and 4 and they acting the same...

In all of your posts I don't see where you have mentioned that you calibrated X1 in both the RC unit or P2 software and the RC unit has to be turned on while calibrating X1 in the P2. While in the P2 software go into upgrades and see if the gimbal is even recognized.

Jason, I was using following tutorials:

In all of your posts I don't see where you have mentioned that you calibrated X1 in both the RC unit or P2 software and the RC unit has to be turned on while calibrating X1 in the P2. While in the P2 software go into upgrades and see if the gimbal is even recognized.

QUOTE="mopo3ko, post: 514866, member: 34104"]Jason, I was using following tutorials:

[/QUOTE]

But did you look in the upgrades tab to see if the gimbal was even recognized??
Upgrade Page.jpg

Last edited:
QUOTE="mopo3ko, post: 514866, member: 34104"]Jason, I was using following tutorials:

But did you look in the upgrades tab to see if the gimbal was even recognized??
View attachment 30272[/QUOTE]

Yes, gimbal is recognized and visible

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers