H3-3D installed and still running v1.19

Reaction score
Never did "upgrade" my P2 firmware to version 2.x
I've had rock solid performance from the copter and didn't see that the new firmware had anything to offer.

Just installed the H3-3D and it is working on all three axes. Anyone else out there also running it with old firmware?

Eos630 said:
I've had rock solid performance from the copter and didn't see that the new firmware had anything to offer.

Just installed the H3-3D and it is working on all three axes. Anyone else out there also running it with old firmware?

I highly recommend upgrading your firmware to 3.2, as well you need to update the gimbal, and your Video TX if you have one on there as well. Don't be irresponsible. Not upgrading is how folks have malfunctions.

Don't give drones a bad name. :ugeek:

You don't substantiate that statement in any way.

I'm not going to argue back and forth about it other than to say that v1.19 was never considered irresponsible firmware.

Since "responsibility" is unrelated to upgrading or not, and from his writing "don't give drones a bad name," I think it's safe to say he's kidding. Now, back to the real topic...

I tried it today with 2.0 and it flew although I'm having strange vibration and drift problems so I would not count myself as proof that it's right. From my reading of the release notes, support for the 3D starts at 2.0.

nintendrone64 said:
Eos630 said:

I highly recommend upgrading your firmware to 3.2, as well you need to update the gimbal, and your Video TX if you have one on there as well. Don't be irresponsible. Not upgrading is how folks have malfunctions.

Don't give drones a bad name. :ugeek:

My understanding has been that the way to downgrade is to connect to your Phantom using an older version of the assistant. This worked for me today. I had 1.8 and 3.02 on my computer and found 2.0 on the DJI website, which I also downloaded. Thankfully, you can opt to have more than one version of the assistant on the computer at once.

Eos630 said:
How are you downgrading?

If it's any help to anyone, I was reluctant to upgrade from 1.08 but went for a full upgrade to 3.02 when I got my 3D yesterday. I've only had one flight, but performance has been perfect so far. Descending speed seems to be reduced to a very comfortable level with 3.02.

One major plus about upgrading to the 3.0 assistant is the gimbal Tilt Control Gain. Finally this works and really well. I have mine set to 5 and it tilts the gimbal super smooth, even has some nice ramping / easing.

This is reason enough for me.

Thanks for that info. I looked at the gimbal tilt speed after I installed my H3 and was pretty satisfied with the speed and smoothness. It's one of the main things that kept me from upgrading but nice to know it won't go away should I bother with 3.02

Thanks for the heads up. Seems to me it wasn't that long ago there was a sudden surge of flyways in the wake of a previous upgrade.

I was under the impression (from reading the Chinglish translation of the H3-3D instructions) that v3.02 was a perquisite for flying with the new gimbal.

My "original" P2 is still running v1.8 -- I never had a reason to upgrade as it has always performed faultlessly. The pilot is the thing that keeps screwing up.

Anyway, as a lifelong subscriber to the "don't fix it if it ain't broke" school of software upgrades, I'll give v1.8 a try with the H3-3D and see what happens. Additionally, I'm not wild about the descent limitation since I generally fly in fairly stiff winds where vortex ring effect is not much of an issue.

I'd rather fall out of the sky because I screw up and come down too fast than because the software keeps me aloft until the battery dies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl