H3-3D + Hero4 two questions

Reaction score
Hi guys,

P2, iOSD mini + anti Int board, H3-3D, Hero4, immRC600. i m 4 flights into this setup and was wondering

1. Are the default gains suitable for additional weight or should they be increased slightly? What values are you guys flying with?

2. Ive read that the H3-3D cable actually powers the GoPro, to the point where its battery can be removed. I m assuming that is quite a hit on battery life, and i do see lower flight times than with P2V and P2V+. I really dont want the Hero4 suckling on my Phantom battery.
Can it be avoided? If not, i ll take it out and save some weight :)

Best regards,
Sebastian

PS just realizing that this post better belongs to H3-3D forum. Admins please move :)

1. The default gains should be ok, but you can experiment. If you think about it the P2 gains are set without factoring in the IOSD mini or the TX.

2. If you remove the battery the gimbal won't be balanced as well. If your GoPro is totally charged, your P2 will not charge it.
Just charge it before you fly and leave it in.

The GoPro is not using a lot of battery to record a 15 minute flight. Removing the battery from the H4B is a new idea to overcome the extra weight of the H4B in relation to the gimbal which is designed to work with a slightly lighter camera.

I have not tried it yet but I am seriously considering it as I suspect the amount power consumed by the H4B during flight will be offset by the lack of weight from its battery and the counterweight needed tobalance it.

"The GoPro is not using a lot of battery to record a 15 minute flight. Removing the battery from the H4B is a new idea to overcome the extra weight of the H4B in relation to the gimbal which is designed to work with a slightly lighter camera."

Well thought out, might be a result. Cheers Mark

I have decided to take it out. Keeping it at 100% to prevent it from charging is impractical / impossible if you ask me. I ve read in another post that mathematically flight time suffers only around 20sec in 15min flight which is then slightly offset by weight reduction.
The battery weight loss is -25g but hero4 is +11g so I will simply add ND filter and it should be fine.

phynesse said:
I have decided to take it out. Keeping it at 100% to prevent it from charging is impractical / impossible if you ask me. I ve read in another post that mathematically flight time suffers only around 20sec in 15min flight which is then slightly offset by weight reduction.
The battery weight loss is -25g but hero4 is +11g so I will simply add ND filter and it should be fine.

Just be careful when doing that. It's not just the total weight that affects the gimbal but also where that weight is. Removing the battery will reduce weight at the back of the camera. Then putting on a ND filter will add additional weight to the front. Even if the total weight is the same the weight distribution is very different. Watch that you don't burn out your gimbal motors

Just be careful when doing that. It's not just the total weight that affects the gimbal but also where that weight is. Removing the battery will reduce weight at the back of the camera. Then putting on a ND filter will add additional weight to the front. Even if the total weight is the same the weight distribution is very different. Watch that you don't burn out your gimbal motors

Weight distribution is a good point, hadnt considered that.

however, i am unsure about the whole gimbal situation:
- hero4 without battery is 11g lighter than hero3, but gimbal is currently dropping towards hero4 side??? Its lighter than what gimbal should be calibrated for!
- i ve stuck a coin to the end of the pitch motor. it started making scratching noises (apparently coin is magnetic). With non-magnetic coin it seemed to work fine. But somehow unsettling. Any suggestions how/where to balance it?
- how quickly would motors "burn out" being a little unbalanced?? i cant imagine it being that much of additional stress. dont most people use the hero4 on h3-3d as is? mine works perfectly unbalanced.

hmm :|

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik