H3-3D GoPro USB Ribbon Cable mod VIDEO

Reaction score
Hey guys. I read a thread in this forum about doing a mod to the H3-3D to get rid of the stupid ribbon cable by installing the go pro plug from the H3-2D. I had a broken 2D so I decided to try it out. I failed the first time (as you will see in the video) but I then figured it out. Learn from my mistakes and good luck. It is much better and I have had no issues so far. Already used it on three shoots over the last couple of days and have had no problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vju4uMCKnk

Nice video.

I was the one who was writing about it. I did not know at the time if it would work or not so I did not shot a video of it and did not want to take it apart again once I had it together and working. So it is great you did a video.

You did take it farther apart then I did. I just loosened the board to work on it and never took it all the way out because I was scared of what happened to you was going to happen to me. It would of been easier if I had smaller fingers for sure. I was able to flip that little black bar up to slide in the wire. I saw you slide one back and looked like off. Not sure if it was just like the other. But if so. It is easier to flip up and then just push down the black bar on back of the white connector.

But I am much happier with the setup now.

Thanks again for the video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic