H3-3D gimbal sticking in position

Reaction score
Hi all, newbie to the whole drone thing but giving it a shot anyway. Just purchased my first phantom2 a couple of weeks ago which is pre owned but 6 months old in total. I have been using it a every chance i can and noticed the last 3 or 4 flights that when i tilt the gimbal up it will stick and wont return when turning the X1 stick, if i turn the side of the gimbal it will return back to position, if i tilt down it will move freely and return, if i tilt back up it will back up and stick, not returning back unless i move it. That was with a Gopro 4 black, now if i put my Gopro 3 black in it will do it only stick in the down position.I have searched everywhere for a similar situation but cant find anything....

Hi all, newbie to the whole drone thing but giving it a shot anyway. Just purchased my first phantom2 a couple of weeks ago which is pre owned but 6 months old in total. I have been using it a every chance i can and noticed the last 3 or 4 flights that when i tilt the gimbal up it will stick and wont return when turning the X1 stick, if i turn the side of the gimbal it will return back to position, if i tilt down it will move freely and return, if i tilt back up it will back up and stick, not returning back unless i move it. That was with a Gopro 4 black, now if i put my Gopro 3 black in it will do it only stick in the down position.I have searched everywhere for a similar situation but cant find anything....

Which RC transmitter do you have? The NDJ6 RC has the X1 (gimbal tilt control wheel) on the upper left side corner of the controller. On the older DJ6 RC controller X1 is on the backside of the controller.

Have you tried to calibrate X1 in both the RC and P2 software? If that is the new NDJ6 controller make sure the RC upgrade version is checked in basic tab and that the gimbal configuration controls are set to the center for all three controls in the advanced tab. Check page 14 of the user's manual for more information.
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_2/en/PHANTOM2_User_Manual_v1.4_en.pdf

It is the NDJ6, I have reset the gimbal, calibrated gimbal and made sure software is all up to date. The problem was first noticed flying last Sunday where the gimbal got stuck facing down for about 10 seconds then returned to its 45deg angle then every now and then it would get stuck facing forward or down or it would have a delay before it would move

It is the NDJ6, I have reset the gimbal, calibrated gimbal and made sure software is all up to date. The problem was first noticed flying last Sunday where the gimbal got stuck facing down for about 10 seconds then returned to its 45deg angle then every now and then it would get stuck facing forward or down or it would have a delay before it would move

When you calibrate X1 in P2 assistant software is the RC unit turned on??

When I calibrated the x1 the rc was turned on. It feels like the pan bearing is sticking so I blow around the motor area with compressed air and hey presto, it worked like a dream until the next time I went to use it.

When I calibrated the x1 the rc was turned on. It feels like the pan bearing is sticking so I blow around the motor area with compressed air and hey presto, it worked like a dream until the next time I went to use it.

You might what to check in the upgrades in the P2 assistant software and see if you have gimbal update 1.0.0.12

I received the new NDJ6 RC unit today and after several tries to calibrate X1 I finally had to login into DJI to get the latest firmware for the gimbal but not the latest P2 firmware. So once the gimbal update was loaded and cycled off and on and X1 calibrated it works perfectly. So give it a try and see if that is the real problem and not the tilt motor sticking.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj