H3-3D Gimbal points down only.

Reaction score
First off, hello forum members. I'm a new Phantom 2 owner (I hesitate to call myself a "pilot" yet!) and with two fantastic flights under my belt to start things off, I now have some problems with my H3-3D Gimbal. It was working just fine and now, it wants to only point down. Using the switch on the back of the controller only gets a slight movement from the gimbal, very slight. It does maintain level, it just won't point straight out. I could remove the gimbal and simply attach the GoPro to the bottom of the Phantom then reverse the image on the GoPro (since it would be upside down) in the settings), but you all seem to be experts with this thing and I've read quite a bit about Gimbel problems, specifically with this gimbal.

Last night I updated my firmware for the entire set up but no joy. Still points down. Should I try the "jump reset" I read about of is there some other fix I should try?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike (nauzerlvr - short for "Schnauzer Lover" for the record.

after a firmware update, very often the controller including the X1 lever (the thing on the back of the RC that controls the gimbal) needs to be re-calibrated.

in Phantom Assistant software with Phantom attached and powered on obviously... go on the Basic / RC tab. run calibrations for both the Command Sticks as well as the "sticks monitor" section (you only have X1, not X2).

after calibration, confirm on the screen that moving all the sticks and X1 lever translate to the little black bar moving properly across the little line with hashmarks.
You may even have to run the X1 calibration 2-3 times to get it perfect.

Thanks for the response. I'll give that a try.

I had a similar issue with my H3-3D out of the box. The tx was calibrated fine. However, if you go into the Phantom 2 software with the Phantom connected, you should be able to change the movement range of the gimbal there, and that allowed me to get a much wider range of movement of the gimbal in the vertical axis. I can provide you a bit more detail when I get home as to where exactly in the software this option is located :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl