Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

H3-3D Gimbal behaves 'drunk' and can't factory reset

Discussion in 'Zenmuse H3-3D/H4-3D GoPro Gimbal' started by CharSiuFan, Feb 16, 2015.

1. CharSiuFan

Hi, can anyone help?

I recently upgraded from an H2-3D gimbal to an H3-3D gimbal and its behavior is erratic. It hits the surface and jars when powered up and when it is operating it is all over the place and most of the time points left of right at the legs.

I have read up on forums and it seems this is solved by reseting the firmware however one of the contact points is missing on my gimbal (pics attached). I have update the phantom firmware and that doesn't appear to help either.

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Mako79

is yours a dedicated Phantom 2 'ONLY' or is it the one with the GCU supplied? If supplied, you need to download the GCU Assistant software and do a firmware via the USB on the GCU.

3. CharSiuFan

Not sure! I bought the unit separately to the Phantom as an upgrade to my H2—3D.

Attached a picture. I can't see a micro USB port on it.

Attached Files:

4. CharSiuFan

I've connected the quad to the DJI assistant and I can't find any tab to update the Gimbal settings. All my quad pictures now feature one of the legs in the image. Is it a faulty gimbal?

Thanks

5. ThePhantom

Could be an H3-3D v1

6. CharSiuFan

Is there no reset facility? I don't know the version number.

7. ThePhantom

Version 2 uses a ribbon cable to connect to the gopro. Seems like you have an earlier version. I am not sure how to reset the earlier versions. Have you tried contacting your dealer/DJI NA?