H3-3D Getting Hot

Reaction score
I have installed but have not yet flown my H3-3D. I powered it up and it was on for perhaps 10 minutes at most and got VERY hot on the back of the part where the GoPro mounts. Almost hot enough to burn my hand. Has anyone else experienced this?

Hopefully - you did have GoPro mounted on it when you performed this test. If not, you might have damaged gimbal because it relies on GoPro weight for balance.

Probably get more response in the right forum...H3-3D forum might be a better place for this. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

adanac said:
The camera was mounted.

EMCSQUAR said:
Hopefully - you did have GoPro mounted on it when you performed this test. If not, you might have damaged gimbal because it relies on GoPro weight for balance.

That being said - was GoPro fully charged prior to your test? GoPros (at least the couple I own) get warm when charging. Seems to be a GoPro 3 symptom. Try it with a fully charged GoPro.

EMCSQUAR said:
adanac said:
The camera was mounted.

EMCSQUAR said:

That being said - was GoPro fully charged prior to your test? GoPros (at least the couple I own) get warm when charging. Seems to be a GoPro 3 symptom. Try it with a fully charged GoPro.

I have noticed that too - it does seem to be the GoPro getting hot (possibly due to charging), not the H3-3D.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1