H3-3D Facing 45° Downwards

Reaction score
Hi there!

So I've set up my Gimbal and flashed the firmware. Everything works great. The only issue I am having is that after the initial startup of the H3-3D. It faces 45° downwards. I can tilt it back up to be facing forwards just fine. It's not really a problem at all. It just bugs me that I'm seeing videos of peoples gimbals starting up facing forwards, while mine just faces down a bit. It's a weird issue.
For those wondering, I'm getting the full range of motion of the camera, from facing forwards, to facing directly down, no problems. I just wish it would start up facing forwards.

Yes, I have done IMU calibration, Advanced IMU calibration, latest firmware, everything.

Thanks a bunch!

Prophecies said:
Hi there!

So I've set up my Gimbal and flashed the firmware. Everything works great. The only issue I am having is that after the initial startup of the H3-3D. It faces 45° downwards. I can tilt it back up to be facing forwards just fine. It's not really a problem at all. It just bugs me that I'm seeing videos of peoples gimbals starting up facing forwards, while mine just faces down a bit. It's a weird issue.
For those wondering, I'm getting the full range of motion of the camera, from facing forwards, to facing directly down, no problems. I just wish it would start up facing forwards.

Yes, I have done IMU calibration, Advanced IMU calibration, latest firmware, everything.

Thanks a bunch!

Connect to p2 assitant click gimbal and set vertical limit to desired camera angle

Doesn't that just limit how far you can tilt it? I recall playing around with this setting and it didn't have anything to do with the default startup position. I may be totally wrong though!

Prophecies said:
Doesn't that just limit how far you can tilt it? I recall playing around with this setting and it didn't have anything to do with the default startup position. I may be totally wrong though!

Yes correct.

I misunderstood your issue , obviously your controller is on when its at 45 degress correct? If contoller is off and phantom is turned on gimball sits at 45degrees..

Also still calibrate gimbal lever . Im sure you have

Yep! I've calibrated the gimbal lever. I have the Phantom 2 with the new controller, the one with the scroll wheel. It works absolutely fine. And the controller is always turned on before the phantom is.
I'm just a little stumped as to why it's always at 45° on startup.

Click upgraded controller not basic in software recalibrate then powercycle phantom. Your welcome

The 45 degree startup point is now normal if you're on the later firmware. Earlier versions, as seen in many videos that are still regularly referenced, had the gimbal facing straight forward.

What you're seeing is the new normal and shouldn't cause worry.

Reoscorpio said:
The 45 degree startup point is now normal if you're on the later firmware. Earlier versions, as seen in many videos that are still regularly referenced, had the gimbal facing straight forward.

What you're seeing is the new normal and shouldn't cause worry.

Click upgraded controller in software

ReScorpio is correct. This is normal with the new gimbal firmware. The old firmware would position the gimbal according to the position of your gimbal lever. The new firmware starts 45 degrees down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers