H3-3D bad design?

Why?

That's exactly what it is supposed to do?

Why do you consider it a bad design? It is not clear from you video.

Oh, and if it's because you think the H3-3d should rotate about it's yaw axis then no it shouldn't it IS NOT a 360 gimbal and is not sold as such.

The dampers aren't through the plate in that pic vid, you have to stuff them through

No,the OP is talking about the securing pins. They're in the way. Mine too. OP did you figure this out? I don't want to screw it all in until I know what to do. Maybe only put the pins through on the front? I know it shows only putting 2 in diagonal on the diagram, but I'm thinking about maybe just putting two in the front and ziptie-ing the back. Or 1 in and 1 zip tie on back. Any ideas?

When in flight, does the yaw ever reach that far? I should be getting mine any minute now... waiting for the truck :roll:

Ok, just got mine. figured out the problem, you have the pins in the wrong hole. Switch them around, the control board on the gimbal is shorter on the other side, hence it has more room to move before hitting the pin--as seen on the official DJI video... yippee time to test this out.

and this

ashleyg said:
The dampers aren't through the plate in that pic vid, you have to stuff them through

yup, your balls need to pass through the hole to hold the plate in.

adamgoodsell46 said:
FASTFJR said:
Your pins are in the wrong holes!!! And NO don't jam them in.........this will cause the panning motor to touch the battery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC5VvVLlIWg

Can you post a picture or clip of how yours are installed and of you turning the gimble side to side. I didn't install the rear one because it was hitting on the gimble rear.

Hey Adam, if you install it exactly how it shows in the video, the gimbal will never hit the pin. I flew mine yesterday and yawed left and right, but the motor stops the gimbal from ever moving that far. You just have to have the pins put in the correct holes. The OP put them in the wrong holes which should be the other way around.

No clips, I use a little zip tie......just in case......Here's some video from this morning just goofing around. I shot it at 1080 30fps, should have shot 60fps. No editing at all, this was just to test out the gimbal, the video is about 1/3 of what I shot.

My FPV or iOSD is not mounted yet, I just attached the gimbal and camera and went out. Oh how I hate the Go Pro "Holder" with the two little crews. I didn't like it on the 2D and I hate it even more now. I'm going to try a zip tie or rubber band

https://vimeo.com/91801808?utm_source=e ... cwMQ%3D%3D

I think it is a bad design on the newest V1.1 with the external AV board that plugs into the micro usb on the GoPro as now whenever you want to either connect the GoPro to a PC or remove the micro SD card you have to unplug the AV board and that very flimsy ribbon cable.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik