H3-3D Anti-interference Reinforcement Board

xpsje said:
FASTFJR said:
xpsje said:
I had the first time without the interference board a very shaky recording.

I build in the interference board and the problem is solved!

My h3-3d gimbal Works great!

The board does nothing for jello or shaking. Its for getting rid of the interference between the ALV58 and a monitor like the Boscam

Okay, can you explain Why i have shakey recording without the board and good recordings with the board installed?

Is that pure coincidence?

The only thing I can figure is that when installing the interference panel you may have tightened a loose connection. Or maybe the is more play in the wiring so there is no binding with the gimbal movement. The important part is that you are getting better results and that's all that counts.

xpsje said:
FASTFJR said:
xpsje said:
I had the first time without the interference board a very shaky recording.

I build in the interference board and the problem is solved!

My h3-3d gimbal Works great!

The board does nothing for jello or shaking. Its for getting rid of the interference between the ALV58 and a monitor like the Boscam

Okay, can you explain Why i have shakey recording without the board and good recordings with the board installed?

Is that pure coincidence?

I have no idea, mine worked the same with our without the "New" board.

Can someone post a picture of the anti-interference board? If it is just to keep signal noise form getting into the FPV feed, it would probably just be some sort of opto-isolator.

The big cap on that board tells me there was possibly an under voltage issue in addition to an opto-isolator. This is a total guess. I'm not an electrical engineer.

They were pretty quick to come out with it. Sounds like they already knew about a problem when they released the Gimbal.

Xrover said:
They were pretty quick to come out with it. Sounds like they already knew about a problem when they released the Gimbal.
They're trying to grow too fast and should adopt Apple's way of thinking in terms of getting things right before releasing (ok, there have been times when this didn't quite work out: "You're not holding it right"! ; ) especially with a product like this. They've made big claims on stability prior to releasing this gimbal and just look how much disparity there is with users actual experience of it, some of which may be down to retro fitting on the first gen P2.

I heard from a dealer that DJI are working on a H3-3D v2 which incorporates the interference board. It's a rumour but seems like a typical next move from them.

I look forward to a time when DJI have some serious competition, this industry needs it as right now they kinda have us round the balls.

The Gimbal is going to be the last purchase I made of a DJI Product. They are not able to back up their claims and have not directly support the end user.

Jaybee said:
Xrover said:
I look forward to a time when DJI have some serious competition, this industry needs it as right now they kinda have us round the balls.

Your 100% correct. I think part of the problem is some of us are expecting excellent video all the time. You have to look at this for what it is. Its a $1000 toy. Their are other systems and companies out their with much more expensive solutions. For the real estate I shoot its the perfect little "Toy". Do I get Jello? Yup about 25% of the time

I just expect the same quality of the H3-2D at the very least, not unusable video while flying forward. Just got my second P23D direct from DJI, reinforcement board was not pre-installed, but included in package. First flight, white balls same amount of jello as my other P23D, testing to see if black balls create shaking.

FASTFJR said:
Jaybee said:
Xrover said:

Your 100% correct. I think part of the problem is some of us are expecting excellent video all the time. You have to look at this for what it is. Its a $1000 toy. Their are other systems and companies out their with much more expensive solutions. For the real estate I shoot its the perfect little "Toy". Do I get Jello? Yup about 25% of the time
I disagree, these things are not toys and can be used for professional use. I've seen UAV GoPro footage (probably using a Phantom) in a UK TV show recently (Kirstie's Best of Both Worlds - Channel 4).

EDIT: here is some of the footage I was talking about (apologies for the blur, my iPhone lens is bust and won't focus properly): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/583 ... G_3327.MOV

Additionally, If these were toys, they would sell them to under 18's (god forbid!). Ultimately the more expensive systems use similar flight controller technology, the main difference being they control more rotors. Similarly, the more expensive gimbals are fundamentally doing the exact same job as the GoPro ones, but for more weight and control.

ashleyg said:
I just expect the same quality of the H3-2D at the very least...
I'm sure everyone would agree with that, especially as it is hyped to that effect by DJI's website.

I recieved a new phantom 2.1 and H3 3D gimbal yesterday. I was informed by the dealer that I did not need a new anti-interference board as the Phantom I was buying had it pre-installed.

After assembly my gimbal is jumpy and irritate. I have upgraded all software and calibrated the phantom many times. I have also adjusted the gain setting in both directions and I get the same results.

It is important to note I did not adjusted the tilt at all during flight, it did this on it's own accord.

Video below

https://vimeo.com/92971955

froggie said:
I recieved a new phantom 2.1 and H3 3D gimbal yesterday. I was informed by the dealer that I did not need a new anti-interference board as the Phantom I was buying had it pre-installed.

After assembly my gimbal is jumpy and irritate. I have upgraded all software and calibrated the phantom many times. I have also adjusted the gain setting in both directions and I get the same results.

It is important to note I did not adjusted the tilt at all during flight, it did this on it's own accord.

Video below

Wow, that sucks :shock:

Make sure you email DJI support, and keep emailing them if they do not respond.

froggie said:

Video below

Sorry to see that! That is really bad jello too, the worst ive seen on the new h3-3d. most likely due to high frequency vibrations. You got a bad egg. I would return it.

froggie said:

Video below

picked mine up yesterday. The interference board was in the accessories box. I too was advised that it wasn't needed as it was already fitted to the gimbal. I'm assuming the interference board is needed so will fit (something I was hoping not to do, but all part of the fun I guess).

hope this helps

Bmews

BMEWS said:
froggie said:

Video below

picked mine up yesterday. The interference board was in the accessories box. I too was advised that it wasn't needed as it was already fitted to the gimbal. I'm assuming the interference board is needed so will fit (something I was hoping not to do, but all part of the fun I guess).

hope this helps

Bmews

Wut? You were advised the interference board was already fitted but is in the accessories box? makes no sense. Unless they meant it was already fitted internally, meaning you may have one of the v2 releases? What does it say on the box, can you snap a pic of the serial number etc. for us (most recent 3D's state v1.1 on the box).

BMEWS said:
froggie said:

Video below

hope this helps

Bmews

What FPV transmitter are you using if you don't mind me asking?

Jaybee said:
Wut? You were advised the interference board was already fitted but is in the accessories box? makes no sense. Unless they meant it was already fitted internally, meaning you may have one of the v2 releases? What does it say on the box, can you snap a pic of the serial number etc. for us (most recent 3D's state v1.1 on the box).

nope. I was told that the interference board was already fitted. Upon opening the box I found it in the accessories pack. The dealer wasn't aware and believed it had been fitted.

Bmews

WessexWyvern said:
What FPV transmitter are you using if you don't mind me asking?

I've not actually selected one yet. I gather DJI make or are about to release one (again, this is what I've been told) but naturally, I can't remember what its model name was or can find it on their site. If I don't find anything by the middle of the week i'll likely go for an immersion RC 600MW (still researching).

Considering some goggles but again, this is all very new territory for me so the fun is in not wasting the funds.

hope this helps.

Bmews

I assumed that the DJI AVL58 FPV System was the DJI FPV product on the market. All I've really gathered from my research is that if you ask a dozen Phantom pilots what the best FPV system is you will get a dozen different answers. I don't see goggles being suitable for what I want from the Phantom but I could see myself buying them for my next quad as I fancy the Blackout Mini H - I've already started researching it and my Phantom hasn't arrived yet :roll: :lol:
I'd imagine the iOSD would be useful on the Phantom if you went for goggles... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y23u3eZlcJg

It'll be interesting to see if the AIB cures your jello problem. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.