H3-3D and Phantom V2 Footage

laselvasurf said:
ashleyg said:
Are you shooting in medium FOV? I've tried wide and am having issues with leg interference when rotating clockwise. Have you shot in wide?

thx

Yes, shooting in medium 2.7L 30fps.

Why not 60fps? Isn't it better for slow mo?

Ok....then why 2.7 ? Why not 1080 @ 60fps? Just curious why you need so many pixels.....I would think high frame rate would give u more options for slo-mo etc.

Sledge said:
Ok....then why 2.7 ? Why not 1080 @ 60fps? Just curious why you need so many pixels.....I would think high frame rate would give u more options for slo-mo etc.

2.7 is much better than 1080, i can tell the difference...

Sledge said:

It's much sharper. I like having extra resolution vs extra frames. If I'm shooting something that needs slo-mo than I'll go down to 1080, but having the extra detail is almost always better. If I wanted it a little slower, I would conform the footage to 24P and that would slow it down a little, but for this video I didn't do that. I'm a video professional and usually shoot on a red epic/scarlet, so shooting above 1080 is a norm for me and my post workflow.

I like to take my footage shot at 2.7k in the narrower mode, and bring it into photoshop cc, and apply the gopro lens correction filter, then export that footage, same setting as original, and bring into premier pro for the editing.

Photoshop is an easy place to make the distortion corrections, as well as any color corrections via an adjustment layer.

laselvasurf said:
Sledge said:

It's much sharper. I like having extra resolution vs extra frames. If I'm shooting something that needs slo-mo than I'll go down to 1080, but having the extra detail is almost always better. If I wanted it a little slower, I would conform the footage to 24P and that would slow it down a little, but for this video I didn't do that. I'm a video professional and usually shoot on a red epic/scarlet, so shooting above 1080 is a norm for me and my post workflow.

Is it sharper even if you are sizing down to 1080 workflow? Or only if you are rendering to higher format?

Sledge said:
laselvasurf said:
Sledge said:

Is it sharper even if you are sizing down to 1080 workflow? Or only if you are rendering to higher format?

It's definitely sharper once you get down to 1080. Also, it allows for some room to re-size/crop if you want to get rid of the props or anything like that.

That makes sense...thanks!

FASTFJR said:
Bag the pins, if they are getting in the way you have them installed wrong. Your suppose to use two of them. Myself and many others don't even use them. Use a small zip tie, dental floss etc… to attached the bottom to the top. Leave it loose enough so it won't bind

Yikes. I'd be very concerned about losing the gimbal + GoPro. The latest 1.06 H3-3D update seems to do very well with regard to eliminating the legs from view as well as avoiding the pins.

damoncooper said:
FASTFJR said:
Bag the pins, if they are getting in the way you have them installed wrong. Your suppose to use two of them. Myself and many others don't even use them. Use a small zip tie, dental floss etc… to attached the bottom to the top. Leave it loose enough so it won't bind

Yikes. I'd be very concerned about losing the gimbal + GoPro. The latest 1.06 H3-3D update seems to do very well with regard to eliminating the legs from view as well as avoiding the pins.

I've flown with multiple H3-2Ds and have never had a single problem with it coming off. Of course, I catch it(no landing...) and I'm extremely precise in my flying. When I fly, I'm doing so to film something, so I have no reason to go crazy.

I see the zip tie on there so worst case if the vibration balls come loose the gimbal will hang with the tie at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two questions for you H3-3D folks:
1) Are you getting spastic behavior during compass dance? Thinking gimbal should
relax during compass dance.
2) I am getting an audible buzz / hum from my H3-3D that I never got from my H3-2D. Anyone experiencing that?

laselva surf, are you the only one not getting jello while flying forward? Have you posted more footage? Are you satisfied with your set up?

damoncooper said:
I see the zip tie on there so worst case if the vibration balls come loose the gimbal will hang with the tie at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I'll go ahead and do that. Just to be safe! Considering I fly over water 99% of the time... There would be no getting it back if it did fall off.

wkf94025 said:
Two questions for you H3-3D folks:
1) Are you getting spastic behavior during compass dance? Thinking gimbal should
relax during compass dance.
2) I am getting an audible buzz / hum from my H3-3D that I never got from my H3-2D. Anyone experiencing that?

1. I am definitely getting crazy behavior during compass dance. Though I've only done the compass dance once since setting it up.

2. It definitely makes more noise from the H3-3D than I ever got from my H3-2D, weird noises that sound like it might be straining. But... It works perfectly, so I'm not going to complain. :)

ashleyg said:
laselva surf, are you the only one not getting jello while flying forward? Have you posted more footage? Are you satisfied with your set up?
I'm getting some jello, especially at full speed forward. It's very minor though. Overall I'm very happy with my setup! I just filmed another video this morning, hopefully I'll have some time to do a quick edit and upload. :)

I switched from the white connector balls to the black connector balls and that seemed to reduce the substantial jello effect I saw on my first flight this morning. I also ditched the plastic pins in favor of zip ties on the front two corners.

I am having horizon tilt issues. Videos tilted right enough degrees to be noticeable. I tried a full IMU recalibration, but still getting tilt. Rotating P2 360 degrees in one direction gives different amounts of tilt than rotating the other direction. Anyone else experiencing non-level horizon on H3-3D? I experienced it periodically on the H3-2D, but it either went away on its own, or IMU recalibration solved it. Anyone know how exactly the gimbal determines what's level? Is it dependent on the main flight computer, or is it doing its own assessment of the world?

Kelly

wkf94025 said:
I am having horizon tilt issues. Videos tilted right enough degrees to be noticeable. I tried a full IMU recalibration, but still getting tilt. Rotating P2 360 degrees in one direction gives different amounts of tilt than rotating the other direction. Anyone else experiencing non-level horizon on H3-3D? I experienced it periodically on the H3-2D, but it either went away on its own, or IMU recalibration solved it. Anyone know how exactly the gimbal determines what's level? Is it dependent on the main flight computer, or is it doing its own assessment of the world?

Kelly

I had similar issues with my second H3-2D gimbal. I ended up sending it back for a replacement. I have seen some info about the IMU being glued in slight off level... Or the mount being off a little... But if it's new, I would send it back and ask for a replacement. If it's not moving, then it should be perfectly level. Of course, when you're flying, the horizon will drift a bit with all gimbals, including the H3-3D. But if you're having issues with it just being off all the time, that's definitely wrong, I'd ship it back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic